[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
a few tips please - WestGamer
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:03 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
 Post subject: a few tips please
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:52 pm 

I have my first sea fleet of the French and the 1.1 rulebook. . . .now.

what size table and what size islands do i need to make it fun.

is it similar to other systems:
4x4
with 5-7 pieces of terrain (islands)
each being 2-5"square?

Post subject: Re: a few tips please
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:15 pm 

Glad to see another person taking up what is an awesome game :)

For the starter set size games (Around 800 odd points) a 4x4 table is a good size, I have tried larger games on a 6x4 table but you tend to find that everything tends to end up pretty close together and there is generally alot of empty board space ...

As for terrain, what you have listed there would be a good fit I reckon, I you are playing more of a sea/air style game you only need the islands to block line of sight... if you start including land forces then the islands need to become wider to accomodate the models.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:21 pm 

cool!!

thanks for tips, you will see a WIP Dystopian Wars table thread over the weekend :mrgreen:

Simmo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:33 pm 

Hey, Gambit.

I made a table a couple of weeks ago. Link is in the sig if you want a pointer. Long story short, use a paint roller.

Post subject: a few tips please
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:37 pm 

Thanks for tip Dave, I was going to ask how do you paint small scale ocean?? Paint roller works for me

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:47 pm 

If/When I ever get around to making a table, this is what I will be doing :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVrKhu9_ ... omgKLPQ%3D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:42 am 

A 4 by 4 should be fine for a starter box, but I would recomend expanding to a 6 by 4 soon after.

As soon as you include land you will want a 6 by 4, otherwise the board will get very crowded.

I almost always play land/sea games and have about 50% of the board as islands (I would say big islands are better than lots of little islands as you can actually get some tactics going on each island then).

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable