[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Dystopian Wars: Simple Campaign Rules - Page 6 - WestGamer
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:29 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:15 pm 

After undercoating my fleet, I went back today with Army Painter Grey spray......it frosted most of my fleet.

This is the second time it has happened and I can't be bothered fixing it, so no painting awards for this fleet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:28 pm 

Do you think its the weather causing it, or perhaps a bad can?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:29 pm 

Quote:
Do you think its the weather causing it, or perhaps a bad can?
I can't work it out. I sprayed this arvo. High humidity, I thought that would be okay. I guess not.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:26 pm 

Bummer. Thats not good mate. Bad batch of paint perhaps?

I've varnished and sprayed today with no issues, and I'm pretty close to you in terms of location so assume weather isn't an issue.

Is is bad? I've had some frosting thats kind of disappeared afters washes/varnishing.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:35 am 

Sorry guys been a little busy and haven't got back to this stuff yet. Here's some thoughts.

Spoils of war
After playing Talanis Monday I am wondering if spoils of war should include some bonus repairs if you take an enemy ship as a prize or win get bonus repair points for a derelict.

scenarios[b/]
I have a few scenarios for dwars that look suspiciously like converted BFG scenarios. I'll try to publish these soon as I think scenario driven will also help with repairing fleets.

All this concern stems from losing 70%+ of your fleet (standard win condition for dwars). That may leave you under powered for your next game.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:15 am 

Any chance all the campaign rules can be copied and pasted to your original post?

It will be easier to work out :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:16 am 

They could but my intent was to copy and paste them into a word document you can print :)

Sometime...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:57 am 

Quote:
They could but my intent was to copy and paste them into a word document you can print :)

Sometime...
GENIUS!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:04 pm 

Looks like I,ve got a bit of catching up to do. :roll:

WWW.SOULRAVEN.COM
WWW.BRAWLBB.COM
Official MERCS Black Ops Representative

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:29 am 

I have been really enjoying the lunchtime games of dwars......and the arms race :D

I can't wait for this campaign

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:36 am 

Three extra days off so I will be compiling the "manual" over this weekend.

Some changes & additions I have in mind.
- Any nation can be a "raider"
- Scenario's to be added
- Minor revamp of points, percentages and the concept of Total Fleet Roster (TFR)
- Work out some kind of map

Campaign #1 Dates
April 29th – May 27th.

Yes... exactly the same as Machinations: Anomaly
Yes... that means we are starting Monday!

I'll start up a dedicated thread in the next couple of days.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:10 pm 

So, starting tomorrow? I take it we post fleet rosters to the new thread when it's up. :D

(Says the commander who's yet to acquire a fleet :roll: )

WMH: Khador and Circle; Malifaux: Gremlins, Outcasts, Arcanists and Neverborn; X-Wing: Rebels; DWars: Prussians; Blood Bowl: Lots :) Dreadball: Humans; W40K: Space Marines; Epic: Orks and Imperial Guard; Warhammer: Empire

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:59 pm 

The thread is up

Sadly my 5 days off turned out to be anything but :( I will try to get something up today/tomorrow.

For now all you need is...
- Great Powers begin the game with a 2,000pt fleet roster
- Alliance Nations & Imperial Dominions and Skirmishers begin the game with a 1,500pt fleet roster
- Buy ALL your forces, but no more than 70% of your total can go on any one "type". so, if you are a major player with 2000 points no more than 1400 Naval, etc.

I will try to get my force up sometime soon.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:08 pm 

Is each force have a max of 70% of each class? Eg 1000pts of naval can have a max of 700pts in large class?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:49 pm 

No no... for your 2000 points Total Force Roster (TFR) a max of 70% can be Naval.

Then when you pick a force to play a game with, you select a force up to your Maximum Fleet Value (MFV) from this TFR

So, when I play MrGTST tomorrow I will be choosing 600 points MFV from this list (which is my TFR).

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next