[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Dystopian War: Resources - WestGamer
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:14 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
 Post subject: Dystopian War: Resources
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:53 pm 

Getting back into D-wars has reminded me how poorly the book is put together. That had me looking for a Quick Reference Guide. I dug up a spreadsheet for compiling forces... I've been listening to a podcast for a while... and I got to thinking we should have a gather it all together thread on WestGamer. So this is it..
if there was a previous one I couldn't find it on the first page of this forum

Quick Reference Sheet (Community Build)

Darkhorses Fleet Organisor (MS Excel)

Clockwerk Warriors (Podcast)

Redesigned Unit Cards

Island Maps thread

sculpting islands tutorial

Last edited by advanceop on Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:13 pm 

What's the podcast like Dave?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:23 pm 

Yay!! My whining about the book layout helped :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:41 pm 

Quote:
What's the podcast like Dave?
Like a lot of starting out podcasts they start fired up about Dystopian Wars...
... then start talking about flames of war
... and then they get 3 mates on and spend half an episode talking about Heavy Gear
... then they record another episode with their mates, but lose the file
... and now they have added some structure and are ONLY talking Dystopian Wars

So the last couple have been good. I've picked up some pointers and tactics I just hadn't seen/realised reading the book.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:25 pm 

So looking at building another couple of islands for D-wars and I found this thread on Spartans site.

Island Maps

Answers one of the questions I had, namely at 1/1200th scale can you build things... well to scale. I'd already worked out most runways would cover the length of table.

This map map of Christmas Island really drives it home. The little rectangular inset at the top of the map shows a 6x4 table in 1/1200th scale :shock:

Here's another island from the thread scaled to a 6'x4' board. I like this one because I can see how you would be able to mix up land & sea forces.

I also found this great tutorial on sculpting islands

And a bit of inspiration ;)

http://community.spartangames.co.uk/ind ... mg-5319-2/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:46 pm 

1/200 scale?? Is this the dwars scale?

Also, if you want a 10mm white foam sheet, let me know and I may be Abel to run it up

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:29 pm 

Quote:
1/200 scale?? Is this the dwars scale?

Also, if you want a 10mm white foam sheet, let me know and I may be Abel to run it up
1/1200th yep. Thats what is says on the back of the rulebook ;)

I should be right for foam for this little project. Might grab it off you at some point though.

Edit: Expanding foam may be the greatest thing ever.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:09 am 

Stumbled on this list builder last night http://dwabo.nucreum.com/

All the fleet lists are preloaded, allows you to select any available options and then images it for you for printout. Had my RoF list to take on Hutch today in a matter of minutes.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable