[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Welcome to the Human Sphere - An Introduction to Infinity - Page 3 - WestGamer
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:29 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:45 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Hexas are LI and Nisse are MI. Hexa's with spitfires=drool! Neither can be taken in a sectorial however.
Hexas can be taken in Neoterran Sectorials. Three of them, in fact :D
Oh yeh I missed that at the back of human sphere, only nisses can't be taken in sectorials, good spotting

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:03 pm 

And now onto another awesome feature of Infinity; HACKING!!!!

What would a sci fi skirmish game with massive robots and hi tech gadgets be without the ability to hack into each other's equipment? In Infinity, you may take special models who are able to perform a hacking skill, which can be used in a number of ways in order to turn the tide of battle. Hackers are extremely valuable to the higher tech nations. They allow you to hack into enemy TAGs, which can allow you to take over the TAG and turn it on it's own forces. You can also hack remotes and heavy armour to immobilize them, causing them to miss a turn as they attempt to reset.

In Infinity, there are many awesome things that you can do. One is airborne deployment, which allows you to drop onto the board in any chosen turn (think deep strike minus the roll). Another his guided weaponry, which allows you to mark a particular model with a forward observer model, and use you guided rockets at any point on the board, even out of LOF of that target to take them out. Hacking allows you to hack into both of these skills, nullifying the guided ammunition and the aircraft containing the troops ready for airborne deployment, and force them to deploy with a very high chance of scattering! Hackers also allow you to have remotes in your force, which carry some heavy weaponry, although are not as advanced as TAGs.

Last edited by Bokke66 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:52 pm 

I just got a hacker and a doc finally!!

I'm looking forward to using them next week, but I have more table to make :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:14 pm 

Quote:
I just got a hacker and a doc finally!!

I'm looking forward to using them next week, but I have more table to make :D
you read about offensive hacking that is brutal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:11 am 

Nice Gambit, did you get the Hospitalier? That thing is a beast :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:48 am 

Yep, got him, looking at adding some more cool looking models and see how i go.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:22 pm 

well in current news I have painted my Speculo Killer, an interesting model to paint as a lot of it is armour or cloth I think/hope.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:06 pm 

Thanks much in part to this thread I have a Maghariba guard heading my way..

I think bokke66 deserves some of the profit from that purchase ;)

Or he can be the first to face it ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:40 am 

Hahaha bring it on, I'd love to face that beast! Glad I'm instilling more infinity passion :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:36 pm 

well Brett what should be god to put up will be a battle report from tomorrow's game as there will be a few interesting skills being used, also if I pump out my last guy there is a chance for a 2 fully painted armies against each other for picture purposes.

EDIT: so after checking my list I do have a fully painted army

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:29 am 

Hahaha nah mine won't be fully painted, I'm trying out a few new models :P

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:38 am 

Quote:
Hahaha nah mine won't be fully painted, I'm trying out a few new models :P
pretty much have everything painted that has been green stuffed except for 1 seed soldier. So that means noctifier has been painted which was interesting to paint. So we battle report for 200 points and then have fun with 300 afterwards?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:54 am 

Looking forward to battle report and infinity games on Tuesday! :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:21 am 

Quote:
Looking forward to battle report and infinity games on Tuesday! :)
For sure, i cant wait add all the rules i have learnt since last week and play on my table!!!!

simmo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:17 pm 

I thought I would post up a quick guide to TERRAIN in Infinity, as it plays a major part in the game.

In the game of Infinity, table sizes are not specified, and you can therefore choose what size you wish to play on, depending on how big of a game you are playing, any theme which you wish to include, and/or how much terrain you have available. As mentioned previously in this thread, you do require a great deal of terrain on the board, and the rulebook advises that a distance of no more than 10 inches is kept between obstacles, but most of the time you will want them closer than that (have a look at the battle report I posted as an example, people on the Infinity forums recommended even more terrain!). The reason why you need so much terrain is because of the ARO system, and the bonus of cover. If you are in base to base contact with cover when someone is firing at you, the will get -3 to their dice roll when shooting at you, and you gain +3 to your armour. You can therefore so that it is important to try and stay in cover most of the time. The ARO system is incredibly brutal. You do not want to get caught out in the open and seen by multiple enemy models. They will typically shoot at you, and can take that shot at any point during your movement, so could ping you when out of cover! If there is not enough terrain on the board to block LOF and provide cover, then you may as well remove your models off the board as the game becomes a mexican stand off. There are lots of options for terrain out there to include in infinity, and the radio free ariadna podcast has a great section on building up your terrain if you are looking for tips to do so. 40k buildings, terra clips, cargo containers etc...any terrain that either provides cover or blocks LOF will be great for Infinity. Micro Art Studios have even brought out their own terrain that they have produced particularly for Infinity, and I'll post my own photos of this shortly. If you can't get into cover, there's always great options to assist you like smoke and flash grenades.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next