[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Monthly Releases - Page 10 - WestGamer
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:17 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12 13 Next
 Post subject: Re: Monthly Releases
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:21 am 

Quote:
Exciting news on the combined starter. I haven't been following the rumours closely or anything but east expecting to see rules for the new EI units or sygmaa until Acheron falls. Very exciting indeed.

I really hope infinity takes of in a big way with N3
Angel has posted a model from the box awhile back, so they are there and most likely out soonish (the combined starter). They kinda needed yo as vanilla combined didn't have much in the way of starting them.
Also N3 I think will be a turning point for most people, because new sculpts of old models, new artwork and a tighter rule set which appeal to types of gamers.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:21 pm 

Also should say that Infinity RPG is a thing, for more info http://www.modiphius.com/infinity.html

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:17 pm 

November's releases

And now for a shameless plug about how awesome the new starter box looks and how Paradiso Firefights will be at 200 points meaning you need like 2 blisters to make a legal list for it. Also what are other people's opinions on the inclusion of a foot model for bike mounted models?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:34 pm 

I like the addition of walking bikers. Problem is now they need to make bootleg versions of Asuka, Pentesilia, the aragotos and the new Kum. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:54 pm 

Though with the Gencon early release Pen suppose to be coming out next month* as a bootleg model, one could speculate that they may be having a bootleg month and have Asuka and Pen as unmounted models. As for the grunts I don't see them getting the same treatment as they are grunts, and there is nothing too special about them (Yojimbo has decent CC and I would assume that the Kum character would have the same under the assumption that this is a new character).

*might be still be pushed back due to Icestorm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:30 am 

So this was posted by Corvus last night

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:23 pm 

I wonder why are they redoing Hac Tao HMG and Penthesilea? Weren't those models just released this/last year? One would assume there are more models requiring urgent love, such as the other Shang Ji weapon configurations.

To be honest, I prefer the mono-cycle Kum Riders. Harley-style motorbike looks old and cumbersome.

Last edited by itchmonkey on Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:25 pm 

Dammit, I already own a painted Hac Tao with HMG, but he's nowhere near as cool as this one... time to double up! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:35 pm 

I've heard people complaining about the odd pose on the squalos and i have to say, I have to agree.

The sculpt is beautiful, but i much prefer the pose of the original model.

The rest are great though. CB are really pulling out the stops for their heavy infantry especially.

Malifaux Henchman
Currently Painting: KoW Salamanders
Models Painted this Year: 38 (2015: 265)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:33 pm 

My god the sogarat is stunning.

Jarod - Are you going to use them more often now they have a nice 4/4 move?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:46 pm 

@Aulia, apparently CB wanted all the Hac Tao minis updated to match the new concept art, and toting updated weaponry. Pentesilia(sic) is just the general release of the bootleg sculpt. As far as the Shang Ji goes, I am expecting a digitally sculpted box closer to the release of the Invincible army sectorial.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:39 pm 

Quote:
My god the sogarat is stunning.

Jarod - Are you going to use them more often now they have a nice 4/4 move?
Rule wise they haven't been released, and with the rule changes I think my preference is for Angry Space Apes. Though at the end of the last edition I was mucking about with them because why not and they are beasts of a model, but with the Raicho getting a bit of a downgrade rule-wise you will probably see them more often.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:42 pm 

Also the Pen model is Bootleg, and is the general release of it from Gencon. As for the Hac-toa I think it might be the rescuplt for the new edition, making things have that cleaner and crisper look to them (a good example is Antipodes, Dog Soldiers and Ghulam special weapons).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:38 pm 

So...is the old Hac Tao HMG still usable in tournaments? And the old Sun Tze mki, Kum riders, etc?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:06 pm 

Yep, still legal.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12 13 Next