[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Random Infinity lists - Page 4 - WestGamer
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:10 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:02 am 

Have you played warmachine? A repeater drone is almost like an arc node for hacking. The drone goes out and you can hack things within an 8inch radius of the drone. Your hacker can stay completely out of sight, no lof required :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:54 am 

Alternatively, it's an 8-point regular order that can move rather fast, making it good for YAMS missions or just giving you an extra order :) But yes, as Nic said, the repeater lets your hackers work remotely, keeping their soft, squishy important bits safe from the enemy's sharp pointy bits.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:22 pm 

Lets see if this copies correctly???

Image Panoceania | 10 models

Image Cutter (117|2)
Image Fusilier Combi (10|0)
Image Fusilier Combi (10|0)
Image Fusilier Lt (10|0)
Image Fusilier HMG (19|1)
Image Indigo Combi (13|0)
Image Auxilia (14|0)
Image Auxbot
Image Auxilia (14|0)
Image Auxbot

245/250 points | 5/5 swc
open with Aleph Toolbox Image : http://goo.gl/JI84EF

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:04 pm 

I've been playing around with some of the list builders - purely as a hypothetical exercise, of course :P

Being indecisive, I like Aleph, Nomads and Yu Jing. I was initially looking at an Aleph Myrmidon force but I thought it might be fun to build a Aleph 'diplomatic mission' using the Aleph starter, Deva box and Sophotect/Support Box (and the Spec Ops). You could also do a weapon swap with the spare Deva and the Spec Ops Spitfire and add back the third Dakini Tacbot to reach 300pts.

I know it's got some flaws (no advance deploy, no heavy weapons) but it's got 14 models, 10 orders, a good doc to keep them up and about, a good hacker with netrods and the Asura can get some work done.

Image Aleph | 10 models

Image Deva Lieutenant (26|0)
Image Devabot
Image Deva Devabot (27|0)
Image Devabot
Image Sophotects (31|0)
Image Asura MULTI (73|0)
Image Naga Hacker (37|0.5)
Image Dakini Tacbot Combi (13|0)
Image Dakini Tacbot Combi (13|0)
Image Chandra combi (Chain of Command) (16|0|8xp)
Image Yudbot (3|0)
Image Yudbot (3|0)
Image Netrod (4|0)
Image Netrod (4|0)

250/250 points | 0.5/5 swc
open with Aleph Toolbox Image : http://goo.gl/7L5Odk

Chandra's not filled out as I'm not sure exactly what her role would be.

Thoughts?

WMH: Khador and Circle; Malifaux: Gremlins, Outcasts, Arcanists and Neverborn; X-Wing: Rebels; DWars: Prussians; Blood Bowl: Lots :) Dreadball: Humans; W40K: Space Marines; Epic: Orks and Imperial Guard; Warhammer: Empire

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:12 pm 

0.5 SWC out of 5 :D

So frugal ;) call it a Scrooge list, seasonal ;)

The number of orders is awesome, at what point do you split into groups?

Meanwhile Simmos is insane in exactly the opposite way :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:22 pm 

I think each combat group can have a maximum of 10 orders. Any more and I'd have to split :)

And yes, Simmo's is bonkers. I was concentrating on the 3 Fusiliers with HMG. And completely missed the Cutter at the top of the list with 10 orders to play with :oops:

Edit: to add an alternative Corregidor list (built around the Wildcat link team)

Image Nomads - Corregidor Jurisdictional Command | 10 models

Image Intruder Lieutenant (36|0)
Image Intruder Sniper (52|1.5)
Image Hellcat Combi (24|0)
Image Wildcat LFT (19|0)
Image Wildcat LFT (19|0)
Image Wildcat N2 (20|0)
Image Wildcat Spitfire (25|1.5)
Image Wildcat HRL (31|2)
Image Vortex Combi (+1 wip, Hacker (Hacking Device), CH: Mimetism, Inferior Infiltration) (10|0|12xp)
Image Alguacil Paramedic (14|0)

250/250 points | 5/5 swc
open with Aleph Toolbox Image : http://goo.gl/NyVjbs

WMH: Khador and Circle; Malifaux: Gremlins, Outcasts, Arcanists and Neverborn; X-Wing: Rebels; DWars: Prussians; Blood Bowl: Lots :) Dreadball: Humans; W40K: Space Marines; Epic: Orks and Imperial Guard; Warhammer: Empire

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:39 pm 

And the two flamers! He told me and I was like nooo.. You'v done something wrong! ...surely ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:03 pm 

Yay!! So my list is liked by peeps??
10 models
3 HMGs
2 flamers
1 cutter
Hacker/engineer

Fun times

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:08 pm 

I think good lists don't get feedback.. People are just like eeeuw.. And hope that it goes away ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:20 pm 

Quote:
Yay!! So my list is liked by peeps??
10 models
3 HMGs
2 flamers
1 cutter
Hacker/engineer

Fun times
After having consulted every medium that I know of, painstakingly read every aspect of the Wiki and stalked the best and brightest players I could find within a 600km radius...

I hereby declare that!

:D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:58 am 

I’d recommend giving the Asura a spitfire. It gives you some heavy weaponry and you have the SWC to spare. Also, with all those short range weapons (including heavy flamers) finding space for some myrmidons (with their smoke grenades) will really help you deliver them to optimum range.

Simmos cutter list is rather frightening and would be easy to get steamrolled by if you didn’t have the correct tools to deal with it.

Some approaches I would try:
- kill everything else. Besides the cutter they are all ARM1 light infantry that cant link. They should be easy pickings while they are reactive.

- throw a smoke grenade on the cutter then swamp it in combat (a few combat capable models can get viciously good at crits in combat with a few friends helping out)…..alternatively anything with bezerk will cause the cutter concern (you don’t want to see what a 6 point galwegian can do to TAGs…..dogged, beserk, smoke grenades, and a tesium claymore all in one package!)

- kill the indigo then throw adhesive/hacking + explosive, or monofilament weapons at the cutter (since once the indigo is down nothing can fix the TAG)

- If the cutter gets the 1st move bunker down (hide in buildings on the 2nd story, in narrow corridors, in zero visibility zones….whatever it takes, just make that TAGs life hard on turn 1). There is no AD, infiltration, or really fast movement in the list besides the cutter. It can run up and hurt someone a bit, but will be isolated from the rest of the army.

- set it on fire (that reduces the TO camo to mimetism) then attack it with an ODD, TO camo, or MSV + mimetism/camo unit with a big gun……suddenly you will find the dice are in your favour.

Now for a list of my own. I tend to run vanilla Aleph in most games, but I quite like the idea of running multiple link teams, and maybe even medium infantry link teams alongside a TAG, and this just isn’t possible with Aleph. So for a bit of variety I’m contemplating starting up Tohaa (and QK, and JSA – but I don’t have lists for them yet!):

Sakiel (lieutenant, viral combi, swarm grenades)
Sakiel (viral combi, swarm grenades)
Gao Rael (spitfire)
Ectros (HMG, nanopulser)
Makaul (heavy flamer, zero vis smoke grenades, viral combat weapon)
Makaul (heavy flamer, zero vis smoke grenades, swarm grenades, viral combat weapon)
Spec Ops (chain of command, hacker, minelayer)
Gao Tarsos (HMG)
Chaksa (heavy flamer, sensor)
248 points
5 SWC

And

Sakiel (lieutenant, viral combi, swarm grenades)
Sakiel (viral combi, swarm grenades)
Gao Rael (spitfire)
Spec Ops (chain of command, doctor, engineer)
Gorgos (spitfire, 2x flamenspeer, nanopulser, viral combat weapon)
Chaksa servant
248 points
3.5 SWC

Under most circumstances I would probably set up with two triads, each with a makaul and sakiel (for close range burning, smoke safety, and mid range B4 viral fun), then add the ectros to one group and the gao rael to the other for long range options. The gao tarsos with HMG looks brutal on paper (its 2nd wound allowing for some aggressive AD3), but I wonder if the HMG is wasting its full aggressive potential. The chaksa are there because I had 25 points left over and no SWC to play with, and besides, sensor is useful, and heavy flamers make a good ARO threat. If someone can come up with a better idea for 25 points Im happy to hear it.

With the gorgos list the plan would be to run the gorgos and makaul up under cover of smoke and then go nuts at close range with a tonne of template attacks from each unit. I’m not happy with the lack of chaksa servants as the only model capable of fixing up the gorgos is the spec ops, and that’s too valuable a model to be running up the table on its own! On the net the gorgos gets a lot of hate, but im intrigued by the difficult choices it could force people to make due to the chaksa perifical……imagine the pair of them running round a corner and declaring a shoot order. The opponent can face to face the gorgos (and probably die) giving the chaksa an unopposed shot with a shotgun (bad news for anyone behind the target), or an unopposed flash grenade. Or they can aro the chaksa and almost certainly die to the gorgos.