[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Looking To Start Infinity - Documenting the Battles... - WestGamer
It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:09 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:51 am 

Hi,

I'm looking at getting into Infinity and I've since had a demo game with Bokke66. :D Needless to say, the game went well (though perhaps a bit to well in CC with most deaths occurring there) :lol: and I'm pretty keen on assembling a worthy strike team of Combined Army. Since Jramsdale appears to have the Shasvastii in his list, and I don't really understand alot of their rules, I was looking to take a much simpler style of list, the Morat Aggression Forces. While the Anathematics can't be used in this list, there is a fair bit of crossover between the Morat and standard CA list so I'm not overly fussed, it can fit if I want it to.

Assuming that 300pts is roughly the size of the standard ghame, here is what I was looking at running. Feel free to poke holes in it, actually please do, as to what the list is lacking in (ie anti Sniper or something) or if it is particularly vulnerable in a certain fashion. I've been told that this is a game where you can run basically anything, but I've heard that about a fair few systems and there are definitely better picks than others so on with the show. :D

1-Morat w/Combi Rifle, Pistol, Knife
2-Morat w/Combi Rifle, Pistol, Knife
3-Morat w/Combi Rifle, Pistol, Knife
4-Morat w/Combi Rifle, Pistol, Knife
5-Kurgat w/Autocannon, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines
6-Zerat w/Multi Sniper Rifles, Antipersonnel Mines
7-Yaogat w/Combi Rifle, Panzerfaust
8-Yaogat w/Combi Rifle, Panzerfaust
9-Yaogat w/Combi Rifle (Lieutenant)
10-Sogarat w/Feurbach
=299pts + SWC 5.5/6

Plenty of grunts to cover lanes, an infiltrated Sniper who is harder to hit, a few guys with what look to be fairly high damage dealing weapons in Panzers / Autocannons / Feurbachs. I was toying around with the notion of two or three Zerats with Flamers who look pretty difficult to hit (always at extra -3) and can infiltrate up the board instead of the Sogarat but went with the big dude anyway.

Last edited by Brookesy on Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:17 pm 

I would try to squeeze in a Hacker and a Doctor. Other then that, looks fine to me.

www.unit57inminiature.blogspot.com.au

Want to get into BATTLETECH? Chuck me a PM.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:38 pm 

I know a few of the guys around Perth will look at you funny for using Vanguard Infantry, I've currently drooped all of mine in favour of a couple of Daturazi Witch Soldiers with Chain Rifles as kinda-order monkeys. That way I can fit in the 'standard' Yaogat Link Team (which in my limited experience has been AWESOME). I'm also thinking about grabbing a couple of Gakis/Pretas as cheap/disposable guys (I just don't own the models yet). Plus, I totally need to pick up Raicho too... :p

Playing a few more games will certainly help both of us become stronger players, but welcome to the Angry Space Monkey Corps!

EDIT - I'm not sure if the Zerat you've got comes with a MSV, but if not and you've got the points for it, maybe consider the Yaogat w/MSV Lvl 2 & Sniper Rifle. Being able to see through stuff withe the MSV is awesome for a sniper, IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:00 pm 

Quote:
Playing a few more games will certainly help both of us become stronger players, but welcome to the Angry Space Monkey Corps!
Didn't realise you played Infinity Frank... Yay another Monkey friend :D

I do like the look of Chain Rifles (and their monkey attachments) though I was hoping to use the amount of Vanguard to clog up firing zones with a hideous amount of AROs if the enemy attempts to break. Sure they won't be great, but there'll be a fair degree of risk involved if two can respond.
Quote:
I'm also thinking about grabbing a couple of Gakis/Pretas as cheap/disposable guys (I just don't own the models yet).
Yeah, for 2 models at 11pts, I'm toying around with, as Hutch suggests getting a Hacker plus Doctor, removing the Sogarat and adding in a 4x Gakis and 3x Pretas. Cheap and cheerful :D
Quote:
I would try to squeeze in a Hacker and a Doctor. Other then that, looks fine to me.
Righto, thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:17 pm 

For my tournament I was going to run a Morat list as the ringer, and I'll post up the list when I get home. Also have a better look at your list.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:01 pm 

Quote:
Didn't realise you played Infinity Frank... Yay another Monkey friend :D
Yep, I've 'played' Infinity since before the English language rules were published (thanks to David S. for introducing me), specifically a Morat force. I can't say I'm any good, it tends to be ages between games these days.

One thing I like about the guys who play Infinity in Perth is that they're all great guys - I haven't seen any over-competitive you-know-whats playing it. You'll like the way the MAF plays, though there's always a bit of an order shortage in the Combined Army, IMO. Small price to pay for having the best looking figures! :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:45 pm 

Image Combined Army - Morat Aggression Force | 10 models

Image Yaogat Lieutenant (31|0)
Image Yaogat Grenades (30|0)
Image Yaogat Shotgun (31|0.5)
Image Yaogat Spitfire (35|1.5)
Image Yaogat Sniper (42|1.5)
Image Zerat Hacker (33|0.5)
Image Rasyat Spitfire (40|1.5)
Image Daturazi AP CCW (23|0)
Image Med-Tech Combi (23|0)
Image Slave Drone (3|0)
Image Ikadron (9|0)

300/300 points | 5.5/6 swc
open with Aleph Toolbox Image : http://goo.gl/fJesY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:12 pm 

Cheers Jramsdale, that is a pretty awesome army builder.

Care to explain the list a bit please?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:50 pm 

the main thing is a linked team of yaogats which with MSV2 means they would shot at something and not worry about camo, being in such a large link team meant they got +1 burst, +3 Wip for discover, +3 bs and sixth sense level 2 which just reinforces their shooting. The group having an arsenal of weapons should be able to take out anything, panzers and multi-sniper for heavier stuff and spitfire and combi for lighter.
The Rasyat was there to drop in and cause havoc for anything that dig itself in and martial arts, as well as providing zero-v smoke to stop corridors of fire to the main body.
The zerat is the best hacker that the Morats get access to, so it was a prime choice for it with infiltrate and mimetism. Also depending on the situation, keep her back to generate an order or cover an area.
The witch soldier is there to run ahead and hit something and tie it up for a round or two, it would make a good distraction or flanking buddy.
The Med-Tech with the drone is a must, firstly as it is the only doctor that the Morats get access to and secondly it is also an engineer. Supported by the drone it stays back and the little guy goes forward and does most of the work, which should be mainly running with the link team.
The Ikadron is an order mule, generating an order a turn and staying back. Though if a camo marker or a model gets close those two light flame throwers will cause some pain and it also has repeater meaning you can hack through it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:27 am 

I agree with the previous comment on the vanguard infantry, they are a bit pricey (for comparable cost the witch soldiers look a lot better as they bring the brutal synergy between smoke and MSV-2 on the Yogats, and since they are impetuous they even provide their own free orders to get the smoke into position each turn (smoke is also incredibly handy during the reactive turn).

Keep the Sogorat he is a beast! Arm6 and a physical 15 auto medkit means if you keep him behind a wall (for LOS blocking when unconscious) it is going to take a really big gun to keep him down.

Something I spotted in the Paradiso book but haven't heard much talk of yet is the possibility of linking hungries. Looks like a good way to get a lot of very angry chain rifles up the table very fast.....link them up the table, then break the link and watch the chaos happen.

When it comes to general list building I like to ensure I have at least 3 long range weapons. Otherwise a como/TO camo sniper can appear in a very awkward place and really start to dominate a game. Short range weapons on infiltrators/drop troops will work when you know where the offending sniper is, but if you don't they can be a nightmare.

Another thing to recommend is the ability to get up the table fast and/or attack from unexpected locations. Infiltrators, mechanised deployment, and drop troops can all get past zones your opponent thought he had covered and then really cause some chaos.

The checklist I have for infinity lists is:
- can I destroy a TAG
- can I deal with mass smoke
- can I deal with mass camo
- can I deal with multiple heavy infantry
- can I deal with multiple snipers
- can I defend myself against guided missiles (i.e. can I assassinate the hacker fast!)
- can I minimise the damage of Jarreds bloody speculo killer! (impersonation +, monofilament weapon, martial arts level 3 - yuck!)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:02 am 

Sweet, thanks for all the comments and explanations guys. Time to flick through the Wiki and decipher some of it :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:05 am 

How do you find the possible groupings for linkable troops? Ie Could I have a linked unit of 4 Morat Vanguard & the Sogarat? Or four Yaogat & the Sogarat?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:21 am 

Linking is the same troop with the sane troop, the exception is officers, characters and Tohaa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:16 am 

Fair enough, in that case I was looking at something like this:

-Sogarat, Feurbach (Lt)
Big guy who looks fairly difficult to stop and puts out fairly damaging firepower. He is already a big target and Lt may just reinforce this but hey, a bonus free order to keep him firing looks legit to this noob at least.

-Yaogat, Boarding Shotgun / Panzerfaust
-Yaogat, Boarding Shotgun / Panzerfaust
-Yaogat, Combi Rifle / Panzerfaust
-Yaogat, Combi Rifle / Panzerfaust
Between the BS and PZ they should be at BS 15 at up to 32". Then add in being linked on top for good measure. The Combi Rifles are there for general suppression against light guys where a PZ may be overkill.

-Rasyat, Combi Rifle / Smoke Grenades / D-Charges
-Rasyat, Spitfire / Smoke Grenades / D-Charges
My counter to snipers and people hidden away in the corners. Doubled up as I really like the models.

-Morat Vanguard, Combi Rifle
I got one for free from Bokke66, so he's in.

-Daturazi, Chain Rifle
Free movement thanks to impetuous and more smoke grenades is a winner. Plus without my own snipers to cover fire lanes, I'll need something to disrupt those areas.

= 9 models; 299pts; 5.5/6 SWC

I was toying around with the idea of a Morat Vanguard Paramedic instead of the Spitfire upgrade but then rationalised that if I have all the big guns, I'll be doing so much killing that the other player won't be able to shoot back. Plus, the big guy already has his own medikit so no worries there. :D

I don't have a hacker in the list, but I figure that the dual AD'ing Rasyats should have that covered by assassinating any that do pop up. I'm really not sure if I managed to tick a few of the other boxes (only one game leaves me at a slight loss as to how effective everything is vs stuff like TAGs or how guided rockets work) but oh well, all part of being new.

Now just to order some stuff and smash out the games. :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:44 pm 

I stalled in buying some stuff... :oops: But then I thought, rather craftily, that there are certain models which may appeal to another who I believe would enjoy the game and so I am looking at getting them instead of the Morat. :lol:

So what are people finding useful in Haqqislam? I'm particularly fond of the Ghulams, Muyibs and Rajiks. :mrgreen: