[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
3rd ed coming - WestGamer
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:49 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
 Post subject: 3rd ed coming
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:00 am 

http://www.beastsofwar.com/infinity/3rd ... interview/

so 3rd ed is coming and BoW have an English presentation of the new features and rules
some things I have noticed

3rd ed book is compatible with Human Sphere and Campaign Paradiso

rules will be tighter and have new rules

new/resculpt troop
Interventors <?> Nomad
Invincibles Yu Jing
Kazak (Ambusher and Para Trooper) Ariadna
Shazi Muttaw'ah Haqqislam
Neoterra Bolts, new rules in 3rd ed Pan Oceania
Nikoul Ambush unit Tohaa
Squalo TAG Pan Oceania
Sun Tze Yu Jing
Thymyris, The Adidos, released in a few months, Aleph
Tankhunters Ariadna
Tarik Mansuri Haqqislam
Unidron Batroide, similar to Tactbots Combined Army
Warcors, War Correspondence......Press. special ed available to the Infinity Press Gang-like system
Assault Pack - female tech that controls three werewolf-looking creatures. Sculpt is pretty amazing. Ariadna

Tohaa and Aleph will not be in 3rd ed book, their new stuff will be on the website. Reason being the core rulebook is the first part of the fluff and there are no Tohaa or Aleph in the start

New Sectorial
Haqqislam Kanet <?> Kum bikers are in this, Female bikers are also Kuming :oops:
Yu Jing Invicibles
and others

Line of Fire will be clarified completely with regards to a miniatures Volume. All Troops will have a Silhouette assigned to them regardless of the physical model

BRING IT ON!!!!

Post subject: Re: 3rd ed coming
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:04 am 
Site Admin

Crap... I think this may be the tipping point for me. :P

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:20 am 

Quote:
Crap... I think this may be the tipping point for me. :P
+1

I've quite liked the look of the more recent sculpts but every time I've tried looking at any of the rulebooks, I've just come away very confused. The language, the rules, even just trying to design an army list just comes across as needlessly confusing. The only reason I can put together an army list is thanks to the online army builders, but just looking at those tells me that it should be much, much simpler on paper than it actually is.

Anyway, all this means is that I'm very glad that CB is doing a 3rd ed. :)

Malifaux Henchman
Currently Painting: KoW Salamanders
Models Painted this Year: 38 (2015: 265)

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:33 am 

The 3rd ed rules will be downloadable, pretty sure this is mentioned in the last 10mins of the video. Carlos from Corvus Belli says something interesting something along the lines of 'the rules will be downloadable so you can go online and get the rules, play games and work out for yourselves if you like the game. don't listen to me' to me that is a very refreshing point of view.

It is interesting:
the Army Builder
the video tutorials
even the wiki page
are all supported by Corvus as they knew/know that these would make the rules more accessible and increase the player-base.

I hope to see more players at Simmos Lazer T.A.G Pew Pew Birthday Party. .. .I mean Do Auxbots Dream of Electric Sheep. . . .I men just come to the infinity Tourney on July 27, there really is nothing like a skirmish system that allows you to cause mass-pewpew in the opponents turn

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:55 am 

Sounds great. I want to get into more infinity. Tighter rules would help, chuffed that they have planned it to be compatible with the paradiso stuff

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:15 am 

If they do nothing else but clean up and clarify the language used, 3e will be a success.

Even then new players really benefit from being coached into the game by a veteran player.

And yes, moar players at Lazer TAG in July!

Edit: there are some decent photos on the Facebook page of a Spanish gaming blog called miniaturas y wargama (sic?) of some concept art for new units. Yu Jing HI with shoulder mounted railgun and missle launchers, kazak spetznaz, a Tohaa sniper, and a bunch of resculpts in the pipeline.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:20 am 

Saw the teaser image. That was enough to get me into frothing fits. I already love Infinity. Even if the book is just a better/more thorough translation with a reorganisation akin to what they did with the Malifaux mini book, that would be enough for me.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:24 am 

Free downloadable rules that represent a tightening up of the current system?

Sounds awesome. :D

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:59 am 

Link to video, still haven't got around to watching it

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:12 pm 

Havent seen the interview, but I hope they add rule to limit the number of regular orders that can be allocated to a model. Plus cahnge the AD deviation to 1" instead of 2.5".

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:12 am 

Cheers for the heads up on that facebook page - I am -so- looking forward to the new Yu Jing Sectorial - it looks like it'll be nothing but heavy infantry madness (like we aren't already there...) with some of the guns on those suits.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:09 am 

The hardest thing with this game is picking which faction to go. Each month there is something new that just changes my mind.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:35 am 

Quote:
The hardest thing with this game is picking which faction to go. Each month there is something new that just changes my mind.
just get them all.
starter box and a couple of blisters $50-$80
free rules download
free stats from army Builder
free equipment rules etc from wiki

Game ON!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:41 pm 

Yeah this is really exciting.

The rules and models are so good for this game that it deserves a much bigger following that it has. If the rule books are nice and clear I can see a lot more people picking this up (its not like the rules are even that hard!......its just the book)

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:37 pm 

I just ordered my first PanOceania starter set yesterday, have been eyeing off Infinity since i started getting into miniatures last year.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable