[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
EOI - Icestorm and Starter box day - WestGamer
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:13 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:01 am 

Well with the release of Icestorm and now that people can pick it up, who would be interested in having a day of playing through the rules and scenarios? Also looking at the starter boxes and most of them should be pretty easy to modify to fit the scenarios. As for date looking at 3-4 weeks from now, so comment if you are interested.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:41 pm 

I would be keen to re-learn the game.

www.unit57inminiature.blogspot.com.au

Want to get into BATTLETECH? Chuck me a PM.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:39 pm 

Possibly interested.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:00 pm 

Given that Icestorm is written to 3rd ed you won't be the only person relearning Hutch. Another point who has a copy of Icestorm that they will be bringing down, and/or starter boxes?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:22 pm 

The models in Ice Storm, how viable are they later in your development? Will you continue to use them? Are they metal or plastic?

3 x Fusiliers
1 x Svalarheima Nisses
1 x ORC Troop
1 x Akalis Sikh Commando
1 x Military Order Father-Knight

3 x Alguaciles
1 x Grenzer, Grenz Security Team
1 x Mobile Brigada
1 x Spektr
1 x Reverend Healer

I think the Fusiliers and Alguaciles are just order monkeys, right?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:29 pm 
Site Admin

I heard that there were massive supply problems of the starter due to unanticipated demand. Has it actually hit store shelves in Perth yet?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:33 pm 

I would not, at all, be surprised if there was a supply problem.

Seems like a great starter set.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:40 pm 

All the models in the starter set are metal... From the videos I have seen online the guys at Corvus Belli didn't want to compromise on quality and wanted people getting into infinity to experience the awesome quality of their models from the very start.

I have received an email to say mine has shipped so I expect it here later this week... Depending on time and location etc I may be interested in attending the organised day...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:06 pm 

Batal shipped mine out Friday which I have received, yes the models are metal as they stated they wanted the full Infinity experience from the box. I believe the supply problem only set them back a few days as everyone in Australia are receiving them now.
The models for me don't go much further than running demos, as that is one of the main reasons I bought it. Though to again quote Corvus the models for the factions are the starter boxes for the respected factions, plus an exclusive miniature limited to the starter box. Obi the grunts you did mention are basically order monkeys, but when you play through the missions in the box I do believe you only get to use them for a few missions.

Will go through my box and try to answer a bit more later

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:57 pm 

So I finished exploring the box, and overall I'm impressed the following are my thoughts on it.
The Bad Things:
- the models being in multiple pieces, kinda required for the detail but it is Infinity they were honest about it from the beginning.
- some minor typos, which Dave will be grilled about tomorrow
- that the card for the tokens might be too thin for my liking
- no building instructions for the models

The Good Things:
- full colour book
- batteries included (well more like dice, tokens and the gaming equipment you require minus a tape measure for longer distances)
- the brilliant sculpts, I might be a Fausto fan boy but the models in the box are amazing despite the multiple pieces
- the terrain, sure there isn't much but enough to get you started and is made of card not paper as I thought (they have instructions, which is the first time I have seen them on an Infinity product from Corvus)

Another thing to note is that there are expansion lists for the set for Nomads and Pan O for the 300 point limit. Both lists are made up of the entire faction's models from the set plus 2 box sets of which one is a TAG.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:03 pm 

I got my box set today
The minitures would cost more than the 99 i paid for it (batal)
I really like the models and theres a good mix for both factions and include models i would want in that faction.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:43 pm 

To answer Obi's other question, no, nothing you purchase in O:I will be redundant after you have moved on from the starter scenarios. There are very few units in the game that can out and out be called useless and 3ed will fix that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:34 pm 

Though the only thing that I can think that has become redundant was the Yu Jing Ko Dali, as the rules were overwritten so she became Combined.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:23 am 

Even then, the Aleph Toolbox army builder still has the profile for Ko Dali in it, so you can play with the older rules if you feel so inclined anyway :D Consider me interested, although I don't have a copy of Operation Icestorm myself. If there are spots for helpers, though, I'd be more than happy to help run the day.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:08 pm 

Quote:
Even then, the Aleph Toolbox army builder still has the profile for Ko Dali in it, so you can play with the older rules if you feel so inclined anyway :D Consider me interested, although I don't have a copy of Operation Icestorm myself. If there are spots for helpers, though, I'd be more than happy to help run the day.
More than welcome