[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
EOI - Icestorm and Starter box day - Page 2 - WestGamer
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:28 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:23 pm 

Tactics has 5-6 copies of Ice Storm at $120 each.

... which is only ten bucks more than I can get it online.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:42 pm 
Site Admin

$108 for Club WestGamer members. ;)

/ shameless plug.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:54 pm 

Shameless plug, is shameless but in view of things you almost make back CWG membership price from one item.

Anyway 3rd ed looks to have some new rules if the Father-knights are in the book, but their stat line is beefy (I mean really beefy) for what you pay.
MOV - 4-4
CC - 23
BS - 14
PH - 14
WIP - 13
ARM - 5
BTS - 9
W - 2

Boarding shotgun, Assualt (new rule), Kinematka L1 (new rule allows a longer dodge), Breaker pistol (new weapon), DA CCW, Religious Troop
for 43 points 0 SWC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:09 pm 

Any idea on what's changed in the new edition?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:34 am 

Not entirely sure, as my source of Dave didn't get much of the rules to edit due to it going to the Americans. Though I do know that there is more of a break down to the turn, close combat apparently has gotten a lot better for people, a limit on total modifiers (12 each way), combat camo is now a modifier, weapon range bands will be getting changed, some common skills like climb have been rewritten to make things smoother (long order to climb without a roll), lieutenant order is changed, loss of lieutenant has apparently changed as well, scatter template is different, fixed size for models (silhouettes for LoF), and most likely a few other things which I can't remember. Dave did say that there will be relearning the system due to the changes, but I do believe the core mechanics of face to face rolls, crits, AROs, orders and etc will be the same or close to the current edition.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:50 am 

God dammit Tactics, now I will go and buy an Operation: Icestorm. What have you done to me?!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:35 pm 

So for those that are interested how does the 19th at TGA sound for you? like we just organise to meet up and play through some games. Will work on other starter lists over the weekend if people are just wanting to rock up with something different.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:21 pm 

So a reminder that at least myself will be down at TGA Sunday with my OI set, and if anyone wanted to have a gander or a play through it would be a good chance. Also an open invitation to new and old players that want to come down, and more than welcome to bring a starter box or their copy of Icestorm.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:06 pm 

Another reminder that I'll be at TGA tomorrow with my Icestorm set, also with my other miniatures just in case

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:53 pm 

Only just saw this thread as I'm just getting back into using the westgamer boards I would be keen for a game at a club.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:11 pm 

Shouldn't too much to organise something

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:59 pm 

Well kinda resurrecting this, for a few reasons:
1 - People get shiney new models for Christmas and other holidays
2 - The new rule set has finally arrived
3 - I'm running a tournament and it will allow people to practice
4 - Drum up the support for the system
and the list goes on, so kinda looking at doing it Outpost due to availability of other clubs in the time (plus it has aircon).
So the go would be to rock up with like 150 point lists and pick up a game, also somewhat arrange in this thread. Tentative date is the 6th of January, so post below if you are interested.
Though hopefully Human Sphere and Campaign: Paradiso rules get updated to N3 before then.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:08 am 

If I can make it, I would be keen on a few games just using the Op ice storm stuff. Been a long time since I played this and really need to start from the beginning again.
Would likely use PanO

www.unit57inminiature.blogspot.com.au

Want to get into BATTLETECH? Chuck me a PM.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:49 am 

Cool I'll bring my copy with on the 6th, plus my other combined stuff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:24 am 

Looks like I have a green light to go for the 6th.

What time and location (address) you doing this at?
I will only bring my little starter set force so hopefully can learn this from the bottom up

:)

www.unit57inminiature.blogspot.com.au

Want to get into BATTLETECH? Chuck me a PM.