[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
WA ATC 2015 40k Team Selection - WestGamer
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:24 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:56 am 

The 2015 ATC 40k will be held in Hobart Tasmania at The Best Western Hotel Hobart on the 4th-5th of July 2015.

As per THIS THREAD we have begun the process to get the team together for this years event.

Matt Bell (#1 ranked generalship as at Dec 2014) has auto qualified for the team in position number 3

Tom White (#2 ranked generalship as at Dec 2014) has auto qualified for the team in position number 4

At this stage, places 1 and 2 as well as the community rep have yet to be voted on

Please place your nominations in this thread should you wish to be considered for either the community rep or as a player for the team. Please read THIS THREAD very carefully to understand the requirements of your application

PLAYERS
3. Matt Bell (unconfirmed)
4. Tom White (unconfirmed)
Community Rep.

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:47 am 

I would like to be on the team, why...

Anyone who has played at least 3 ranking tournaments in WA in a calendar year (YES); or
Anyone who has previously represented Team WA in the last 2 years. (YES)

What criteria can help an application (but which won't make you a dead cert)?
- Having prior ATC or ETC experience (for any state or country) (Last 2 ATC and 2014 Masters qualifier)
- Having a high ranking in the WA stats (At current ranked 4th for generalship)
- Taking a podium finish at a 30 plus player event (No as of current WA standing getting 30+ players at an event is rare)
- Playing multiple armies (circa 3-4) to a strong tournament standard (Have played Space Marines, Eldar, Grey Knights, Inqusition and Blood Angels)
- Being familiar with and happy using Eternal War and Maelstrom (YES)
- Travelling interstate or international to tournaments in the last 2 years (YES)

If I make the team I would like to put my hand up for vice-captain position as well.

Cheers and wish every one the best upon making the team a strong and threatening one for the east coast states in 2015.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:17 am 

Awesome, consider me a lock depending on dates. I've got to go back and get some vengeance for last year.

I'd like to nominate Neil for the team. Neil's now got a pretty strong history of competitive play in WA and interstate. He ticks all the boxes and makes for a good weekend :)

I'd also like to nominate Alex Danaford. Dude killed it last year. 'nuff said.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:30 am 

Cheer Matt,

I to would like to second Alex Danaford, smashed it out last year for the team well and smashed it out at Ultimates to get best General. Would be a huge lose not to have him on the team.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:56 am 

Thanks guys, would love to go back - gotta uphold my reputation :P

I would like to second Neil - as Matt said, Neil's competitive history is extensive in both local and interstate scenes and his experience would make him a great addition to the team.

I would also like to nominate Michael Basc (assuming you dont get picked as Captain again :D ) - always a great general, fantastic armies, and more experience and trophies up his sleeves than should be humanly possible.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:35 pm 

Hi all, I'd like to be considered for a playing spot on the team. I

-Having prior ATC or ETC experience (for any state or country) [No]
- Having a high ranking in the WA stats [22nd Gen. 25th overall]
-Taking a podium finish at a 30 plus player event [No]
- Playing multiple armies (circa 3-4) to a strong tournament standard [7]
-Being familiar with and happy using Eternal War and Maelstrom [Absolutely]
-Travelling interstate or international to tournaments in the last 2 years [No]

I realise the above doesn't make the strongest application on paper. However, I'd argue that doesn't give a fair representation of my potential value to the team. While I don't have interstate or international experience I've attended ultimates 40k 2014 and won generalship at unending battle lines 2014. The lack of big (and small) WA tournaments recently (nothing until skulls this year?) has prevented me from climbing the ladder. More importantly though I'm a good, versatile team player with experience in a broad range of armies (AM, INQ, Space Wolves, Blood Angels, Imp Knights, Assassins, Tyranids). I love talking warhammer and list building and will happily take and offer constructive advice with teammates. I'm keen to go to Hobart and represent wa and have no problem with the cost to get there. I like playing against a variety of armies and will make the best of going up against a hard counter with a smile.

Looking forward to WA having an awesome team and smashing face. Good luck everyone. Cheers,

Jake O'Grady
Bias

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:02 am 

I would also like to nominate Peter Platell, he has represented State and Country in last years ATC and ETC, has a wide variety of armies, is a stupidly good paint and great fun to play against and the former manager of GW Morley, so he knows his stuff.

I would also like to nominate Mike Basc, Mike is a top contender at any event, Captain of last years ATC team and well a top bloke. He has also taken many title of overall at events and is a leader above many before him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:20 am 

I would also like to nominate Mike Basc for Captain, with a second nomination to Tom White. Both have a large amount of experience in the match-up selection known for this kind of event and I put much confidence in their ability to maximize the teams output for the best result each match-up.

Also when are we looking at finalising the team members and get cracking on plans for trip and lists.

Would also like to nominate Richard Owen, Richard is a a previous member of the ATC team, has had some get placement over the last 12 months at local events and is another member of our community with many years experience in the hobby.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:28 pm 

Again can we get a rough idea on when are we looking at finalising the team members and get cracking on plans for trip and lists.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:47 pm 

OK have spoken with the financial controller and I am now able to stick my hand up for this. Happy to go as community rep so that other players with more experience can fill the player roles, but naturally happy to be a playing member!

Interview time:
- Having prior ATC or ETC experience (for any state or country) - no but everyone has to start somewhere!
- Having a high ranking in the WA stats - closed at 13th
- Taking a podium finish at a 30 plus player event - forever the bridesmaid - but usually in the top half at least!
- Playing multiple armies (circa 3-4) to a strong tournament standard - DE, DA, IG, Eldar & Tau
- Being familiar with and happy using Eternal War and Maelstrom - yup
- Travelling interstate or international to tournaments in the last 2 years - 1 flat tyre away from having done that!

Mainly what I can bring is a good attitude and being a team player. I have no problem being 'thrown under the bus' to help the team. I think I make a good 'morale officer' too ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:17 pm 

+1 to Troy and second his application :) defiantly a team player. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:08 am 

i would like to nominate a few people;

Neil Sorenson - been playing against this guy for 2 years now ? and have NEVER beaten those dam white scars, always helping me out with lists and tactics and knows how to build lists for one main focus, victory.

Mike Basc - never played against you Mike i'm still awaiting the time and when we do eventually play ill be happy to live past turn 3, Leading WA for last year i have heard only good things and would want to see further victories for our state.

Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:49 am 

Cheers Daniel :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:16 am 

Thanks for the nomination Neil, I'll stick my hand up again.

- Having prior ATC or ETC experience (for any state or country): Played in both ATC and ETC for Australia in 2014. Finished 4th ranked player on both teams with new armies I created exclusively for those events.
- Having a high ranking in the WA stats: Not currently (20th I think?). I was unavailable to play in WA 40k events last year due to work commitments and planning/executing a major career change. When I was playing most events I was rarely outside of the top 5.
- Taking a podium finish at a 30 plus player event: Won Ball and Chain (56 players) in 2011.
- Playing multiple armies (circa 3-4) to a strong tournament standard: I have 6 armies playable at tournament standard. Given that I own almost every 40k army, I am prepared to paint something entirely new if that is what the team requires (such as Dark Angels for ATC 2014 and Grey Knights for ETC 2014).
- Being familiar with and happy using Eternal War and Maelstrom: Very. ETC used both mission sets simultaneously. Playing a compact GK list required huge attention to detail, especially during Maelstrom.
- Travelling interstate or international to tournaments in the last 2 years: As above, ATC and ETC 2014.

Thanks for your consideration,
Peter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:57 pm 

Really enjoyed the team atmosphere and the tournament last year, so yeah this is me throwing my hat in the ring for this as well.

- Having prior ATC or ETC experience (for any state or country) - 2014 ATC for WA
- Having a high ranking in the WA stats - A few weeks ranked number 1 last year and currently 3rd on the Standard and 6th on the Generalship
- Taking a podium finish at a 30 plus player event - Yes, 2nd at a number of events with over 25 players and won one small.
- Playing multiple armies (circa 3-4) to a strong tournament standard - Guard, Inquisition, Knights, SW, SM
- Being familiar with and happy using Eternal War and Maelstrom - Sure
- Travelling interstate or international to tournaments in the last 2 years - Yep

Very keen to get a second chance to represent WA in 40k, I'd like to bring a more aggressive list this year but I'm also willing to be a team player and suck up the hard match ups like last year (x2 Red, x2 Oranges, x1 Yellow and a single Green)

I'm used to hardcore 40k gaming and lists and regularly play against some of the hardest players in the state. I also know 7th Edition in depth and am up to date on the current lists and trends.

Also want to get more involved with the team and list building elements of the event and lead up.

And also to pick up one the smashing WA shirts again......

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 Next