[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
WA ATC 2015 40k Team Selection - Page 2 - WestGamer
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:55 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:29 pm 

Just to clarify a couple of things...

Nominations
PLEASE read and follow the instructions for nomination by addressing the criteria. The idea is a transparent approach to selection on merit and not everyone knows everyone. For those putting their hand up - make sure you follow the instructions!

Cut Off

At this stage, I am hoping to close nominations on the 31st Jan 2015 so the team can be finalised shortly after and we can get cracking on the lists.

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:39 am 

I know the team isn't finalized but we can pretty much tell who is going to make it and who isn't in a way.

I was wondering what people are doing this weekend and if we wanted to catch up, have a few drinks and a chat about our plans, goals and what not or even play a few games. I realise it's late notice as most of have plans for the weekend probably.

But yea who is interested ???

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:57 am 

Hi guys I would like to put my hand up for ATC nomination

I have prior ATC experience from 2013

I have finished in the top 3/4 in the 3 events I attende in 2014 and had podium placings in 2013

I have finished in the top 10 westgamer rankings for the 2014 and 2013 and I only attended 3 tournaments last year.

I have played 3 different army's in tournaments and finished in the top 6 with each one.

I came 4th in an over 30 player tournament (Mitchs teach me tournament)

I am familiar with the eternal war and maelstrom missions and would like to smash face for WA playing them.

I traveled for interstate for ACT and I am willing and keen to travel to smash face for WA

Ihave in most tournaments place well with sportsmanship scores.

Thank you for considering my application

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:43 pm 

I will complete one as well I guess!

- Having prior ATC or ETC experience (for any state or country) - 2012 Australian ETC Team and Captain of WA ATC team in 2014
- Having a high ranking in the WA stats - Number 1 standard league and 3 (I think) for generalship
- Taking a podium finish at a 30 plus player event - yup, a few over the years. Skulls run by outpost is probably my most notable.
- Playing multiple armies (circa 3-4) to a strong tournament standard - Dark elder and elder are my primary armies of choice. That said, I have a couple of grey knight armies as well as dark angels and sisters which I have won events with as well
- Being familiar with and happy using Eternal War and Maelstrom - for sure!
- Travelling interstate or international to tournaments in the last 2 years - ATC 2014, ETC 2012 and High Lord of Terra (2007ish I think)

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:02 pm 

With my committee hat on - its great to see some interest from past team members and new blood alike!

If you know anyone who might like to be part of the team get them on and nominating!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:31 pm 

Better put my official application in so here goes;

- Having prior ATC or ETC experience (for any state or country): I have been a part of the ATC team during their last two events.
- Having a high ranking in the WA stats: Number 8 Standard League and Number 5 General's League.
- Taking a podium finish at a 30 plus player event: Nothing Springs to mind (gotten close a couple times though)
- Playing multiple armies (circa 3-4) to a strong tournament standard: Necrons have been my go to army for some time, however i have experience with several armies in the tournament scene.
- Being familiar with and happy using Eternal War and Maelstrom: Definitely :D
- Travelling interstate or international to tournaments in the last 2 years: 2013 and 2014 ATC's

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:59 pm 

Hi Everyone,

I would like to volunteer myself as tribute, in all seriousness here is my application for the WA ATC team.

Those of you who know me, know how my current career affects my ability to attend many events. However I am in regular contact to members of last years ATC team which has given me a great understanding of what is required to be part of the ATC team. I have been actively sought out by past ATC team members for practice games because I constantly bring strong armies and show a great deal of player skill. 

- "Having prior ATC or ETC experience" I currently have no experience playing for any ATC or ETC team, but everyone has to start somewhere.

- "Having a high ranking in the WA stats" Not currently, work commitments have stopped me from attending events recently.

- "Taking a podium finish at a 30 plus player event" Not for 40k. I have podium finishes from other 40k events.

- "Playing multiple armies (circa 3-4) to a strong tournament standard" This is where I will really shine, I currently own small to large armies for every faction (with the exception of Tyranids, Space Wolves and Grey Knights) and have much experience playing all of them. I currently know the content of all existing codices, supplements and formations extremely well. I am currently most confident playing Blood Angles, Necrons, Eldar Raven Guard but am prepared to Buy, Build and Paint ANY ARMY to a strong tournament and painting standard. Think of me as the Swiss Army knife of players.

- "Being familiar with and happy using Eternal War and Maelstrom" Currently very familiar with both, had to play many Maelstrom games before the tournament I ran last August.

- "Travelling interstate or international to tournaments in the last 2 years" Not for tournaments but have been used to travelling interstate and internationally for work and leisure the last few years. 

- "Having a history of being a bad loser" I currently have a history of finishing no worse then midfield in sports scores for every table top tournament I have attended, in many cases I finish in the top 5 and even have won sportsman ship awards at rather large events. I have no past history of being a bad loser.

- "Only playing 1 army" Quite the opposite see above.

- "Only playing a limited number of tournaments per year" as said above, due to work commitments I have not been able to attend events.

Overall I believe myself to be a strong candidate for the ATC team. I am a quick learner with a very competitive edge, my biggest proof of this would be after a 2 year hiatus to the Warhammer Fantasy Tournament seen I returned and have podium places for 8 out of 10 Fantasy tournaments in the last 2 years (including winning Ultimates 2014 and winning the largest Fantasy tournament of 8th edition). Many of these Podiums were gained with very little practical experience before hand. For airfare and accommodation I am more then willing to pay what ever in necessary.

Cheers,
Mitch Byrne

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:56 pm 

Last edited by dogsila on Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:48 am 

I've confirmed that I will be part of the team this year?

When are we voting Mike in as captain? :lol: It'd be good to get cracking on the team asap once the nomination deadline is up. Figure out who needs to paint what, and get to list building!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:16 am 

Quote:

When are we voting Mike in as captain? :lol: It'd be good to get cracking on the team asap once the nomination deadline is up. Figure out who needs to paint what, and get to list building!
You mean....when do you need to finish x3 jetbikes?? lol

I believe the nominations close on Jan 31st, after that Kim Jun Basc will be picking the team!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:35 am 

Quote:
Quote:

You mean....when do you need to finish x3 jetbikes?? lol

I believe the nominations close on Jan 31st, after that Kim Jun Basc will be picking the team!
That's if he's captain, which we have not formally done yet.

Nah, finished all my jetbikes. I've got 12 done now, they'll be making an appearance at skulls

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:08 am 

Kim Jun Basc... Lol, what ya mean Richard. Its a nomination to be on the team and selected from those who have showed interest and met the best criteria for the team.

I just want February to come so we can get started =)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:03 pm 

Hey Guys.
I, Scott Biss, would like to put my hand up for the team.

Let me address the criteria below:

1] Having prior ATC or ETC experience (for any state or country) - I don't currently have first hand ATC or ETC experience, but I was a point of contact for several of last year's ATC players when it came to gaming questions. I also understand that the 'T' stands for Team, and would be fully committed to the team's goals, over and above any personal gain.
2] Having a high ranking in the WA stats - Not for the current 40K rankings, but I constantly manage a high placing in the Warhammer ranking. While it is not the same game system, it shows I can challenge other competitive players in the field.
3] Taking a podium finish at a 30 plus player event - Once again, its unlikely I would have acheived this at a 40K event, but I have had second and third placing at Warhammer events with close to, if not more than, 30 players attending. Obviously, once again, its not the same game system, but the idea of conserving the loss Generalship points while also trying to outscore other competitors remains the same.
4] Playing multiple armies (circa 3-4) to a strong tournament standard - I have played multiple 40K armies, even if I do not own them all now.
5] Being familiar with and happy using Eternal War and Maelstrom - I am very familiar with these types of formats. I chose to fully embrace all of 40k's changes at the turn of the edition, and played in one event using Maelstrom missions, winning both games.
6] Travelling interstate or international to tournaments in the last 2 years - I travelled to Melbourne about 18months ago to attend a The Hobbit event. While the game systems are not the same, the experience of organising flights, accommodation and travel to and from the veue were important to learn. I also placed third at that event.

Above are my responses to the criteria, but I would also like to include a small amount of information about my Gaming and Team mentality.
I understand the idea of a common team goal above personal gain, and would be prepared to play a role for team if it was required. I also relish in the group discussion on how best to get any desired results, and what might be required to achieve those results.
In relation to my gaming mentality, I could be considered as an out-of-the-box thinker, and am usually concerned about every Generalship point gained or lost during an event.
I understand that the end goal might not always be about how big the win is, but is sometimes about how small the loss can be instead...

Thank you - Scotto

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:36 am 

No offense to Mitch and Scott. As I know your bother great players, but listing fantasy success, not showing any interest in 40k events in the last 18 months give or take and I as a returning team memeber (potentually) is like why the interest now and how long is to long of a break...

Either or both would make great additions to the team, just think that WA players that dont support our local events and putting there hand up when most people dont know them/remeber them or their gaming ability is a bit rough.

And if you haven't had time in the past how can you prove you have the time now...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:33 am 
Site Admin

Mitch & Scott are a hell of a lot better candidates than a couple of the regular 40K players that have nominated IMO.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next