[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Hearthstone Beta - WestGamer
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:21 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post subject: Hearthstone Beta
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:56 pm 

Hearthstone Beta

Has anybody got their hand on a Beta Key yet, and if you have what do you think ?

Sheathe your sword, draw your deck, and get ready for Hearthstone - the fast paced strategy card game that's easy to learn and massively fun. Start a free game on Battle.net and play your cards to sling spells, summon creatures, and command the heroes of Warcraft in duels of epic strategy.

With powerful prebuilt decks, and hundreds of additional cards to win, craft or purchase - your collection never stops evolving.

SCREENSHOTS

Post subject: Re: Hearthstone Beta
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:04 am 

Anybody else playing in the closed Beta?

I finally lucky and got my key last week.

Post subject: Hearthstone Beta
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:13 pm 

Hi,

I must have missed this thread before. I've been playing off and on for a couple weeks. I'm having fun but I'm not quite sure yet if it has the claws for long term fun. I really like the arena, but I'm not looking to put money into the game. This means you are only looking at an arena every 2-3 days.

Still, I'm still enjoying and learning the ins and outs! How about you? Favourite class? Mine's Mage at the moment.

Joel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:48 pm 

It's been fun, have over 100 wins in arena and gone 9 wins a few times... but I'm bored with it now that I have HEX alpha :D Really had alot of fun with the Priest and Mage though!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:24 pm 

The big thing I like about it is the ease of finding a game and it taking about 5-10 minutes, so if I have a little bit of time to spare I can scratch that gaming itch (particularly the TCG one) with little issues.

I do like the arena but as Runejack has commented I'm not using money so it is about 2-3 days between visits.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:50 pm 

Quote:
It's been fun, have over 100 wins in arena and gone 9 wins a few times... but I'm bored with it now that I have HEX alpha :D Really had alot of fun with the Priest and Mage though!
Wow that's really good! I find myself struggling with the fact you have 3 cards at a go so I start off trying to only pick the really good cards. Then I take a look after about 7 or 8 and try and start balancing it out. The time before I found myself as a mage with only 2-3ish cards between 1 and 2 mana, and almost none came up after that so I struggled but still got my best ever 2 wins. The last time I found myself as a druid with almost 80% minions and it stayed close to that when I finished. However this time I got 3 wins! I guess my collectible card game experience is much more limited than most so I'm probably stabbing in the dark a bit much.

Still, it's fun so far!

Joel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:21 pm 

Its alright. Ill probably keep playing once its out, but if MTGO ever gets a proper polish I would drop hearthstone in a second.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:31 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Really curious to see how HEX and Hearthstone match up to each other. What are your thoughts so far Scott?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:46 pm 

If you like mtgo check out hex. It is mtgo on crack.

From what I've heard Luke hearthstone is fun but simple and not too much in the way of in depth gameplay like magic. Whereas hex is pretty much magic but taking advantage of the digital forum to do all kinds of awesome things. (Though that being said they are trialling taking out the ability to respond to triggered effects at the moment with hurts a bit of player interaction).

Though I haven't had a chance to play hearthstone so it's all hearsay from me.

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:38 pm 

Hearthstone is only about two things, sequencing and attacks. You can get some decks that act a lot like combo decks, but in the end everything is basically a sorcery, with no reaction at all. Still there are a heap of different ways to attack the game, but none of them feel as powerful or as skillful as a magic game.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:05 pm 

Quote:
The big thing I like about it is the ease of finding a game and it taking about 5-10 minutes, so if I have a little bit of time to spare I can scratch that gaming itch (particularly the TCG one) with little issues.

I do like the arena but as Runejack has commented I'm not using money so it is about 2-3 days between visits.
I really enjoy Arena as well. I also like how easy it is to find games and you dont have to PAY to PLAY.

For example, when you first start the game and do all of the basics like unlocking each class etc. you will end up with around 600-700 gold so that's round 4 free games + the game you get for free the first you play arena.

If you can average around 6+ wins that should be enough for you to break even and keep playing indefinitely + you get extra gold cards and dust so you can keep making cards and 1 pack.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:47 pm 

Don't be fooled into thinking this isn't pay to play. The legendary cards all cost a tonne to craft like 1600 dust each and some of them are vital for competitive play. Do yourself a favour and check out cardhunter.com instead :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:04 am 

Ive got 3 legendaries so far, just from opening packs. Its pretty easy to get a pack every two to three days from just playing casually, doing daily quests and then an arena whenever youve got the 150 gold.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:30 am 

Quote:
Don't be fooled into thinking this isn't pay to play. The legendary cards all cost a tonne to craft like 1600 dust each and some of them are vital for competitive play. Do yourself a favour and check out cardhunter.com instead :)
There is only 3-4 legendaries that actually see consistent constructed play. They are Ragnaros, the two big dragons and Lord Jaraxxus.

You don't need legendaries to be able to play the game. You can make a deck with just blues and whites and do really well.

I would say some of the purples are more important than the legendaries.

You just need to be aware that they exist and what they do.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:43 pm 

this is now open beta so enjoy kids

hit me up for a game if you like Frinco#1176