[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Need Help understanding Foce Organisation - WestGamer
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:01 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 3:30 pm 

Ok so I am looking for someone to clearly explain how

Formations
Detachments
Unbound
CAD
The standard fore org in the main book
etc

work and how it relates to objective secured status on units.

I am trying to understand so I know how it works in relations to capturing objectives and

I also now have a Dark elder army which I would like to ally some Eldar who are battle brothers?

So If I take a base dark elder list made up of detachments how do I take allies etc.

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 3:38 pm 

You start everything with Unbound, ie take whatever you want. However instead of these you can take Detachments to restrict your army, but gain better rules (and generally just so you can play tournaments).

You can generally take as many detachments as you want, but the most common is the CAD from the rulebook. But the Allied detachment is another example, plus others released in codexes and campaign supplements exist.

At the most simple if you want to take a Dark Eldar army with allied Eldar, you take a Dark Eldar CAD and an Eldar Allied Detachment. Both of these detachments have the objective secured special rule so yay. If you wanted you could simply take a Dark Eldar CAD and an Eldar CAD too. Or a Dark Eldar CAD and any one of the new Eldar formations/detachments from their codex... You dont have to take your Dark Eldar as a CAD either, theres a few Dark Eldar specific detachments too (I think theres a 6 Fast Attack one in the codex??).

The only restriction you have in general is that your Warlord cannot be from an Allied Detachment (the specific allied detachment from the rulebook, not any detachment that happens to be allies).

Tournaments will add their own restrictions, generally you see a max of two detachments, and sometimes some other more specific shenanigans like the large/medium/small from ETC and something similar from Community Comp.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 5:09 pm 

I will also add that ALL formations are detachments. So if you wanted to attend an event which limited the lists to 3 detachments you could run...

Dark Eldar Real Space Raiders Detachment
Eldar Combined Arms Detachment
Harlequins Cast of players formation

Only the Eldar gain objective secured as they are part of the CAD

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable