[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
AdvanceOp's Hobby Blog - Page 3 - WestGamer
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:54 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:21 am 

Good find. I was looking for a captain America figure for my Secrets of the Third Reich forces and this just reminded me I still need to get one.
Indiana Jones should also really be on my 'to buy' list.

You could really go to town and play more pulp inspired game if you wanted. Now to find some Egyptians in Fez's and maybe a small monkey.

www.unit57inminiature.blogspot.com.au

Want to get into BATTLETECH? Chuck me a PM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:42 am 

I know eureka sell monkeys wearing Fez ;)

Check out Bob Murch's range of pulp figures... There is a link off my wordpress article. If you are lucky Tactics might have them in stock as they got in the whole range recently.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:06 pm 

Great tip Dave, I just picked up Indiana Jones... I mean... "Kentucky Davies" as he is described on their website ;)

There are heaps of great models that will be fun to use in Bolt Action, as objectives if nothing else!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:00 pm 

I get sucker'd by characters every time, but on the plus side I should be getting 7TV! soon and that's all about the characters so should be able to get some additional use out of them.

Here's the pack you want Hutch :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:14 pm 

Could find so many uses for these guys too...

The guy in the middle looks very familiar.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:41 pm 

Quote:
I get sucker'd by characters every time, but on the plus side I should be getting 7TV! soon and that's all about the characters so should be able to get some additional use out of them.

Here's the pack you want Hutch :)

Yes. I definitely do. Would love to try 7TV but that's probably discussion for another thread so this one doesn't get too derailed.

There certainly are loads of cool looking WW2 characters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:38 pm 

Not sure if there much in the way of rails when it comes to my hobby :lol: but I think Ecky started a 7TV! thread somewhere. Or just start a new one ;)

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:09 pm 

Quote:
Not sure if there much in the way of rails when it comes to my hobby :lol: but I think Ecky started a 7TV! thread somewhere. Or just start a new one ;)

Haha. Sorry. I thought I was replying on the Bolt Action slow grow league thingy. Hehe. :oops:

Please. Carry on. Tell me all about 7TV.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:47 pm 

lol... well not everyone reads this blog so I started a new thread here anyway http://www.westgamer.com/forum/viewtopi ... 46&t=31202

In other news, got my replacement parts for my Sd Kfz 233 today... except they are the wrong parts!!! I needed a crew, and I got...
; 2 wheels ... and not the wheels for the 8-wheeler vehicle I have either!
; an axle ... for a kubelwagon... :/
; a vehicle MG & shield... after telling my my vehicles doesn't have an MG... despite the vehicle stats saying it does!!
; and a howitzer barrel!!

Unbelievable... so now I have a mis-pack for my mis-pack!! With any luck I will have the parts I need for the vehicle by the time the campaign gets to add vehicles :P

Oh and I couldn't help myself.... after Pete showed me his Indiana Jones, I had to grab the Rugged Heroes pack... for the Bulldog naturally :P

oh and the guy bottom left also comes with this option ...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:05 pm 

That's awesome, he looks much more like Harrison Ford!

I'm sure there's someone out there missing their howizter barrel and wondering why they have German crew...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:11 am 

Yeah all I need now is some afrika korp and some historically inaccurate vehicles :P oh and snakes.... lots of snakes :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:19 am 

Quote:
The guy in the middle looks very familiar.
Wow. I'm almost tempted to make a Bolt Action German army JUST so I can play Sergeant Schulz!

"I know NUSSING!"

Though the hero next to the guy in the pith helmet could pretty easily be painted up as a Colonel Hogan...

"Man, I wish there was a real Black Library where I could get a Black Library Card and take out Black Library Books without having to buy them. Of course, late fees would be your soul. But it would be worth it." - InquisitorMack

Last edited by Death By Monkeys on Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:41 am 

All of a sudden I have the urge to model up a game of Indiana Jones. Damn. So much cool stuff. I think this is the time I need to seriously think about getting rid of Armies to make space for more Skirmish. The only thing holding me back right now is my desire to game the Indian Mutiny (something I have wanted to do for years but never found the right figures until recently) and a general lack of actually getting to play games.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:34 pm 

Nice Germans there. The characters certainly spice up Bolt Action.

Did somebody say they are looking at the Indian Mutiny? Siege of Lucknow? Look forward to separate thread on that! Interested to to see what figures work for that.
Sorry for going off topic by the way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:01 pm 

Ha-ha... Well as explained earlier as my hobby blog, if its you soldiers, it's on topic ;)

I think the 7TV system will work better for Indiana Jones and Hogans Hero's. Bolt Action is more the classic war scenarios where as 7TV makes Hero's near untouchable (they are the stars of the show!) and henchmen goons very disposable.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next