[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Rusty and in need of practice - Page 3 - WestGamer
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:37 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:32 pm 

Yes indeed it would have been good to meet a few more people but I came late and got suck looking at all the bits. So many bits....
I was the middle aged rotund balding glasses wearing guy in work clothes who bought a copy space hulk if that helps.
Now I know where it is I am more likely to appear again although I am still more of a painter than a player.
Could always arrange to meet up sometime. I work in West Perth but live in the foot hills. Always nice to talk to people who like painting, fluff and games!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:23 pm 

I think you bought my greatswords
the models look great, will be excited to see your lamentors. I am currently starting a blood angel force but will be basing them around the angels blade death company force.
I look forward to seeing your dudes come together. Also feel free to message Peter or myself we are always down at outpost and casuel games of 40k are what we like best!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:47 pm 

Cheers Grimgut.
Yes, that was me. I thought my self description wasn't too inaccurate!
Unfortunately Lamenters are a side project till the work area gets emptied out a bit but yellow is a great colour for a chapter.
I am keen to try out gaming at a club sometime when work slacks off a bit and I have a force painted to a reasonable standard. At the mo I only have about 300 points of orks with about a truck, 6 mega nobs, 7 kills kans, 6 Deffkoptas, 30 nobs and 45 boys to go. But so easily sidetracked.....

Post subject: Rusty but practicing
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:37 pm 

A little flurry of random painting, 2017 is looking pretty unfocused. First the Sanguinary Guard test figure was further defaced with a hamfisted attempt at a sparkly power weapon effect. Might give this another go.Image

Put some paint on the Killa Kan's limbs.Image

Also painted my first ever Termagaunt that was from a second hand Battle of McCragge set. I never played with this set so I am keen to paint it up and play through the missions. Only the heavy car paint under coat they all have that resists dettol is holding me back!Image

And continuing my Cadian contingent (who are now homeless thanks to economic factors beyond their control) I thought I would work on their hand to hand section. one of the 7 or so Ogryn I have to repainted as purchased:

After a bit of loving. And bits swapping...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:25 pm 

A lot of variety there! The poweraxe isn't bad for a first attempt, and the pewter Ogryn is awesome

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:46 pm 

Love your work, they've come up a treat!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:42 pm 

Thank you Rangaman and Taubad. Your comments are very appreciated. I will try and redo the power axe to try and get a better finish with brighter highlights. Then may be smooth it down with a glaze. Trying for the studio painter's effect on the GW photos of the Sanguinary Guard. Any thoughts or tips would be useful!

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:50 pm 

Some more random half finished models

Iyanden squad in progress for a friend's new army

Ork Loota in progress

Some more from Battle for Macragge. Almost finished the "let thick coats of white primer be your armour" second hand ultra smurfs
First up is Sergeant Octavian who needed his chain sword and hand replaced

The missile launcher was missing his left hand/sight part which is being reconstructed from bits and bread clip plastic. The latter is a cheap source of polystyrene, usually 1mm thick

A family portrait

And last a fuzzy close up of a non-Primus smurf. Doesn't soft focus make the layering look better?