[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Dr Claw's Helldorado, Smog 1888 and Bushido - Page 2 - WestGamer
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:08 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:54 pm 

Well done mate those figures look amazing and I was lucky as you should have smashed me dead.

Just ordered the Imortal range so when it arrives the kung fu daemons will be up for a fight :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:43 am 

Thanks guys. I'm really enjoying painting skirmish miniatures.

There's the instant gratification each time you complete a unique figure, as opposed to having to paint up a block of 30+ Warhammer-style (so many unfinished armies ….).

You're on Necroyp and well played Wed night. A clash between Monkey and a Demon of Wrath should be epic.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:01 am 

Born from an egg on a mountain top,
Funkiest Monkey that ever popped,
He knew every magic trick under the sun,
Tease the Gods and everyone can have some fun.

Monkey magic, Monkey magic,
Monkey magic, Monkey magic ooh!

What a cocky, saucey Monkey this one is.
All the Gods were angry and they punished him.
Until he was saved by a kindly priest,
And that was the start of their pilgrimage quest.

Your on

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:56 pm 

When it comes to all things "Monkey"' trust me - don't encourage him... :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:34 am 

Paint jobs look fantastic Gav!

We have to try the terrain rules next time.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:30 pm 

Gav I have my immortals and they are now put together.

So when are you up for a game bud.

I must say these models are horrible to put together remind me of the confrontation miniatures. Wrists that are 0.2 mm think and need to be glued - good luck. I think every army and weapon has had to have grey stuff added to enable to to stick, covered in super glue and then filed down later.

But the model look amazing. Student of warfare - I have a double nun chuck dude :)

Still waiting on the Monkey - :(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:55 pm 

Fantastic stuff. Warn me if they bring out clowns....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:25 pm 

EXCELLENT! How about a game at NWS next Wed (2 April)? Will PM you.

I've been wanting the Immortals for years but have been terrified at the thought of putting together the Naga with all those spindly little arms. So I've gone for chunky demons.

As for creepy clowns, how about these guys?

http://www.taban-miniatures.com/shop2/i ... Path=48_51

If clowns aren't your thing, there are always dominatrixes and their Gimp slaves

http://www.taban-miniatures.com/shop2/i ... Path=48_49

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:02 pm 

they are very nice models and Ozzydave from NWS plays that game as well.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:24 pm 

Quote:
Still waiting on the Monkey - :(
Very soon my friend.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:25 am 

April 2nd is booked in.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:14 pm 

Quote:
Born from an egg on a mountain top,
Funkiest Monkey that ever popped,
He knew every magic trick under the sun,
Tease the Gods and everyone can have some fun.

What a cocky, saucey Monkey this one is.
All the Gods were angry and they punished him.
Until he was saved by a kindly priest,
And that was the start of their pilgrimage quest.

Your on
Heh I was waiting for someone to bring up monkey magic lol, damn know you want to make me download it and watch it!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:31 am 

Some more Hell Dorado painted. A Demon of Pride. For 41 points you get both this little feller and the Greater Demon of Pride. He gives every friendly unit within 6 inches a bonus attack die.

And two Infernal Horde. With Protection 1 (i.e. like armour, -1 to wounds suffered) and Terror (-1 to opponent's attack dice) they're quite tough. I love the Hellraiser look of the models.

Played Yordan's Immortals last night and discovered how nasty Immortals are. Yordan played a perfect game keeping his units clumped in a supportive bubble. With all the various buffs, his models were fighting with 8-10 attack dice while removing dice from my models or forcing me to re-roll successful hits.

I knew it was an uphill battle when I charged the Great Demon of Wrath into a Blade Master only to need 6s to hit and re-rolling a successful hit. He caused no wounds and took 10 wounds in return. Because of frenzy, he fights another round of combat. Same thing happens. I remove my biggest model and cry.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:12 am 

play scenario against Immortals. Due to the low number of models and love of 'support bubbles' the Immortals struggle at scenarios. . . . .IMO anyway :oops:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:27 pm 

uhm no

lets stick to fights that are advantages to me - thanks

Seriously though the blade master is a monster.

Peasants with 7-8 attack dice just horrible.

When I looked at the armies and I had 7 figues that were tiny vs a veritable horde of death I thought I was going to get curbed stomped.

So after movement I thought I would sacrifice a peasant who charged into the sloth guy. Thinking was rather have a peasant stuck than one of my independents. I did 11 damage he did 3 hmm that was not so bad.

Then I was wondering how am I going to deal with the greater daemon of wraith. Well the blade master has the best chance of holding him up. So supported by my lieutenant aura and my bucket wielding aura she moves up into charge range OMG here it comes. Big boy charges. So after all the auras etc are worked out he has 7 dice and I have 8. I need 4’s he needs 6’s gotta love that special ability. After the frenzy combat I take 0 and he is dead.

And that’s how the battle went the whole game with Gav wounding all my guys into enlightened level and then getting smashed. Having def 5 minimum across all my guys with Gav’s army at -1 CBT and cursed 1/1 he had a hard time even getting a single hit.

Immortals may look small but they hit hard and that folks is what king fu daemons are all about mwhahahahahahahahahahahah.

I just got Monkey boy and I am struggling to see his point. He seems really lack luster any advice.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next