[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Dr Claw's Helldorado, Smog 1888 and Bushido - Page 3 - WestGamer
It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:06 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:56 pm 

just grabbing the card. . .that is with all my Kickstarter stuff....in my drawer......at work.

I dont have the rulebook on me and I have not played in a while, but here are my thoughts:
- he comes with 4 CMD, that are not aligned. You can choose the alignment of these (I think)
- he takes one less HIT, not wound, so he will last a long time
- he has Lunge 2, so he covers a good amount of ground - this can be increased to Lunge 3. This all means he creates a nice bubble that means things have to engage him and with Man-at Arms, Defensive Combat 2, he will hold stuff up.
- when he becomes Enlightened he gets Buddist Yanglasfha (whatever it is called) which means he gets buffs from other sources in the Immortal force
- his orders to not cost permanent CMD

. . . . .so, just like the Monkey King, he will be really annoying for the entire game, while the rest of your force achieves scenario points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:57 pm 

also, I am happy to bring down my models to TGA Saturday arvo, for games and merriment

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:04 pm 

Will definitely be up for a game at TGA. I haven't popped in there for awhile. Maybe next weekend?

We're still getting to grips with the rules. I later realised that a unit can only issue an order during its activation unless it's a free order. So the Blade Master that was charged by the Greater Demon of Wrath can't give itself the order to make it 6+ to hit. It needs to wait till its own activation (I'm assuming the order works the same as the Succubus order which is a Passive Order).

Not that it would have made much difference. It was still doing 10 wounds a round of combat so would have mashed the Greater Demon regardless.

The other rule we were playing wrong was allowing our officers to cancel each others' Vae Victus. But when you read the description of the orders in the rule book, it says nothing about being able to cancel an opposing officer's orders.

That makes sense in that the Infernal Ambassador is the only unit in the game that I'm aware of that can cancel an opponent's Vae Victus / Vae Soli order.

Last edited by Dr Claw on Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:07 pm 

It's okay Gav, I will be trying to remember the rules.

VV and VS are hard to counter.

The blade master is amazing all the time.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:09 pm 

Our messages bounced while I was editing. Maybe next weekend? TGA plays on a Sun arvo?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:17 pm 

Quote:
Our messages bounced while I was editing. Maybe next weekend? TGA plays on a Sun arvo?
Lol

TGA is having a celebration of International Tabletop Games Day on Saturday, hence Saturday :mrgreen:

Can always aim for another time

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:24 pm 

This Saturday it is then. What time shall we make it?

I might try out Tsilla the Broken Angel. She's not that impressive stats wise but she's only 40 points and I've always liked the model.

And I see Batal has Abezeth in stock!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:30 pm 

Quote:
This Saturday it is then. What time shall we make it?

I might try out Tsilla the Broken Angel. She's not that impressive stats wise but she's only 40 points and I've always liked the model.

And I see Batal has Abezeth in stock!

Let's say 1pm.....I may be earlier, if so........I will read the rules or play another game

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:36 pm 

Brilliant, see you then :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:05 pm 

I've been painting up some Bushido Temple of Ro-Kan figures that I picked up from Batal Games.

Haven't played a game yet but love the sculpts of the models. I've been tempted by the Ito Snake Clan and the Silvermoon Syndicate but my painting skills end at penning tattoos on Sumo Wrestlers.

Here's Master Po and the Fisherman/girl. The bird was supposed to be a cormorant but lacked the long snaky neck. I filed down the beak to turn it into a duck.

And Aiko and her Gorilla.

Last edited by Dr Claw on Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:08 pm 

Koji and his monkey pack. His pole is a replacement brass rod.

Looking forward to trying him out when I have a game.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:14 pm 

these look great and so much better in person

I heard that bear clan is coming out so may have to wait until then.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:49 pm 

I like the monkey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:10 am 

Amazing work as usual Dr Claw.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:17 am 

Thanks guys for the comments.

Here's Tsutsumi, one of the new releases from Bushido. Reminds me of the zither strumming hit men in Stephen Chow's brilliant 'Kung Fu Hustle'.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next