[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
DBM's Gaming Year in Review - Page 16 - WestGamer
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:15 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 16
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:15 pm 

Hey dude,

Did you ever get a comparison of the Tumbler versus a Rhino? I'm thinking of getting a couple for my new Space Wolves army... but I fear I will just regret it and get rhinos later and then that's a big waste of money...

"Cry "Havoc!!", and let slip the dogs of war" Julius Caesar; Act III, Scene I

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:30 pm 

Quote:
Did you ever get a comparison of the Tumbler versus a Rhino? I'm thinking of getting a couple for my new Space Wolves army... but I fear I will just regret it and get rhinos later and then that's a big waste of money...
While I think I posted some dimension measurements, I never actually took any side-by-side pics - until just now. Here they are.

With this first comparison, I lined up the backs of each vehicle and you can see that the Tumbler is a few mm longer than the Rhino.

For a width comparison, I lined both vehicles up on their left side. The picture makes the Tumbler look considerably wider because of the handrails, but I hope you can see that without the handrails, the Tumbler is only 3-4mm wider than the Rhino.

Finally, comparing the heights was easier, lining them up from the bottom of their tires/treads. You can see that the Rhino is about 5mm taller than the Tumbler.

I've finally got five assembled. The first, the original, is fully painted. Two have been Games Workshop-ified with the addition of Space Marine and Imperial Guard hatches and vehicle bits. The last two are sitting waiting for me to pick up some more Imperial Guard hatches to make them consistent with the first two.

"Man, I wish there was a real Black Library where I could get a Black Library Card and take out Black Library Books without having to buy them. Of course, late fees would be your soul. But it would be worth it." - InquisitorMack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:59 pm 

Holy. Crap. Those are awesome. I am absolutely going to grab me some of them for my Space Wolves force. I'm trying to create a chaos hunting/Inquisition allied fluff.

I'll just call them "confiscated Alpha Legion tech", or "Inquisition rewards" or something...

"Cry "Havoc!!", and let slip the dogs of war" Julius Caesar; Act III, Scene I

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:52 pm 

Glad that was helpful! And the best part about them is that you can order them through Tactics (though they occasionally have one in stock) and they cost all of $18.

"Man, I wish there was a real Black Library where I could get a Black Library Card and take out Black Library Books without having to buy them. Of course, late fees would be your soul. But it would be worth it." - InquisitorMack

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:11 pm 

Great to see your year was a good one Jacob, lets hope this year will be even better! The Warhammer-fied Tumblers look good, I am tempted to get some for a Militia/Auxilia force in the future...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 16