[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
The Long Road Painting Blog- Guild Ball Hunters - Page 3 - WestGamer
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:23 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:03 pm 

Well Another update.
I dug out some old models a couple of days ago and found my old Human Bloodbowl Team!! These are really great minis they are so full of character. I have the older dycast human models! I am hoping to get these painted up as a bit of a distraction/rest from painting the drab uniforms of the German Heer.

No.2 Hermanze one of my catcher's
and No.1 Schwarrtzer my Thrower!

I still have another 12 humans and a Ogre to paint. The team is going to be From the Stir River patrol im thinking the Stir River Reavers as the team name.
I mite even make a field with a watchhouse/stand but that will be a while yet and I will probably get distracted from this by other projects. Especially since there doesn't seem to be much of a blood bowel scene nowadays.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:15 pm 

It's definitely fun to do some non-historical stuff when painting historical for a length of time... unless you're doing 15th-16th century stuff where it's all about colour!

I like the colour scheme, they look like fun models to paint. You could always call them the Raiders, it's not far off the Canberra Raiders colours!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:53 pm 

I do like the colors as well, looks like Werder Bremen, my favorite German football team. The naming of the guys would also work...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:40 pm 

Nice I have the same human team in Cincinnati Bengals colours.

I'm sure Redneck Rumble will be happening in Albany again this year.

There is still a BB community happening if your interested, it's certainly not as big as it used to be... like many games I guess. The anticipated Bloodbowl re-release might see it take off again

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:07 am 

Well I have been working on these for a little while now. The guild ball hunters team is truly fun to paint, while there is a lot of duplications in colours the models themselves have a lot of character, I also picked up some sick forest bases for them at Tactics and other than being a real pain to mount the models they really make them all come to life.
Sadly these are for a friend so they won't be staying with me but hopefully he will have a lot of fun playing with them. I still have two more models for the team, one of wich is a giant bear on a 50mm base that I am really looking forward to.
As always they look really good in person but the camera on my phone is so grainy that it just doesn't do them justice, I really think some of these models are my best work

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:08 am 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:19 pm 

Really nice work man, I saw a pic of these on facebook and they are beautiful models. They are tempting me to pick up a team more than any of the others have.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:53 pm 

yeah they are great! There pretty average to put them together and they have a lot of gaps but its worth the effort, you should get some you will definitely be able to do them really well id like to see your take on them.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:27 pm 

They look awesome Grimgut, the hours you have spent on these has definitely paid off. Love your work! The bloke with the spear looks very nice indeed. You are right about those bases, they set the minis off really well. Did you end up pinning them to the bases or did super glue do the trick?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:32 pm 

Thanks a lot!!
Yea I pinned them with some paper clip and used a little superglue to hold them up. I want to finish the bear but I have quite a bit to paint for 40k masters