[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
KOW Twilight Kin (Dark Elves) WIP - Page 2 - WestGamer
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:32 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:05 pm 

Oddly enough you can never change your units formation. Given that units attack as a whole (like a monster) there would too much abuse for formation changes to work really.
Actually the best way to think about it is kings of war doesn't have units, just monsters of various base sizes. There is no difference in how a regiment of spearmen and a giant operate in game, rather they're good at different things.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:21 pm 

Yeah large units still have the same role that they used to have though, bog down things in combat.

The reform thing would make multibasing useless. The formation is decided in list building (troop, regiment ect) and its there you'll define its role in your list.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:35 pm 

Quote:
The formation is decided in list building (troop, regiment ect) and its there you'll define its role in your list.
Does every Troop /regiment / horde have to be a specific formation? 2X5, 1 X 10?.... or is it up to you?

apologies for bombarding your thread with questions....
I can't wait for my order of stuff to arrive...

TheGambler#11893
Add me on Hearthstone

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:56 pm 

It's set in rulebook yeah. Troop is 5x2, regiment of heavy infantry regiment 3x2 etc.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:22 pm 

Also Aza most things are 20mm base however orcs and the odd other unit is on 25mm.

In general you get

Troops 5*2
Regiment 5*4
Horde 10*5
Legion 10*6

In essence the larger the unit the more attacks and nerve it has.

For example Troops typical have 8-10 attacks and nerve around 12 while hordes 30 attacks and 24 nerve. Nerve is the number that you roll on 2d6 + wounds to kill them if they take any damage in a phase. Therefore if you do 8 wounds to a horde of 24 nerve the highest you can roll is 20 and therefore cannot kill the unit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:12 am 

Read the rule book I linked you Az you bum. Everything has a specific formation for their unit type and size.

Best thing to do is what Matters has done with his infantry - blocks of ten (5x2) or blocks of 20 (5x4). If you model them in those size blocks, you can take any combination of troop, regiment or hordes.

And Matt I can't wait to see that Manticore in the flesh, it's so boss.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:30 pm 

So many ideas going through my head with this... got a bunch of old models for Dwarfs, Ogres and a few others I never got around to paintjng up or basing... the temptation is real.

Best Painted: Freemachine 2012
Best Painted: Dungeonmachine 2013

2nd place: Jacks 13

One-Eye's Commision Painting Services
Contact by thread or PM.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:48 pm 

Quote:
So many ideas going through my head with this... got a bunch of old models for Dwarfs, Ogres and a few others I never got around to paintjng up or basing... the temptation is real.
Don't hold back please. We've seen what you can do WITH base restrictions. It would be epic to see what you do without them.

@leeps Yeah how great is that manticore. Was from the raging heros range. So many sweet models. will get pics of him assembled.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:10 pm 

Get in on it Ravi! Will be like old times

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:58 am 

My question is.. Why?> is your army being assaulted by a giant MINION!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:56 am 

That was actually a warlock on death engine while i was proxying skaven.

Guild Ball resources
Guild Ball Player Cards