[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Son's of Horus blog - Page 8 - WestGamer
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:13 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post subject: Son's of Horus blog
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:32 pm 

Loken and the diarama base are undercoated and ready to paint he will get done while I'm doing the reavers. I've also got a second one that I think I'll turn into Tybalt Marr. It seems too simple to paint Loken with dark hair and power sword and call it Marr but haven't found any other info on what he looks like. Maybe a wolf on a shoulder pad to signify the 'lone wolf'. Pile of shattered legion helmets at his feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:31 pm 

Finally some more additions.

And finished the diarama

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:34 am 

Maloghurst?

Tybalt Marr?

Post subject: Re: Son's of Horus blog
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:30 am 

Some ink washes would really make these models pop. Some flesh wash on the faces especially. Also found Agrax Earthshade over the brass gives it nice depth. But you're miles ahead of me in army progress - still only have my terminators painted, and have a whole bunch of new toys coming over from ForgeWorld soon (thank you Brexit!)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:06 am 

Love the cane on Mal, I definitely see what you were saying about using the SoH command model as the basis for your conversion. Both characters will be great stand ins until the official models get released, if that ever happens.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:20 pm 

I forget, how many Javelins do you have? Rules revision in the new Red Book makes them HOT: -20 pts, Strafing Run USR, and units attacking them in close combat are -2 to hit unless it is immobilised.

"Man, I wish there was a real Black Library where I could get a Black Library Card and take out Black Library Books without having to buy them. Of course, late fees would be your soul. But it would be worth it." - InquisitorMack

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:55 am 

Quote:
I forget, how many Javelins do you have? Rules revision in the new Red Book makes them HOT: -20 pts, Strafing Run USR, and units attacking them in close combat are -2 to hit unless it is immobilised.
Just the one. It hasn't been a stand out unit as of yet. New rules might change that. It's a great model either way. The big things for me in the new rule book were. Phosphex and machine spirit for the Achilles. Command vehicle rules for vindicator squadrons. I want three now to get the tank hunter!

Last edited by Noctum71 on Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:59 am 

Quote:
Some ink washes would really make these models pop. Some flesh wash on the faces especially. Also found Agrax Earthshade over the brass gives it nice depth. But you're miles ahead of me in army progress - still only have my terminators painted, and have a whole bunch of new toys coming over from ForgeWorld soon (thank you Brexit!)
I usually use nuln oil for the wash. Makes them look more used.
I also go back over the washes to take away the gloss and it make things more subtle.

Last edited by Noctum71 on Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:03 am 

Quote:
Love the cane on Mal, I definitely see what you were saying about using the SoH command model as the basis for your conversion. Both characters will be great stand ins until the official models get released, if that ever happens.
Yea not holding my breath for forge world to do the models. Plus I'd like to see little Horus first and he doesn't even have stats yet.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:22 am 

Finally something else to post.

Not great pics but will have to do for now.

Tried to a bit of wear to the armour. Not a lot, just a little to wear points on the leg plates, a test really. It's so easy to over do that sort of thing.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:42 pm 

Looks good! I imagine the Techmarine will spend his time inside the Achilles?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:08 pm 

Thought about giving him his own rhino so he can get around where he's needed. It the sicaran and vindicator that tend to need the repair work. Really I just needed a useful HQ that doesn't have support officer rule. Horus will be the usual warlord

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:43 pm 

Rhino could work....or a Damocles Command Rhino! Orbital bombardments everywhere!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:57 pm 

Looks great, man. That's a whole lot of scary jump pack goodness!

"Man, I wish there was a real Black Library where I could get a Black Library Card and take out Black Library Books without having to buy them. Of course, late fees would be your soul. But it would be worth it." - InquisitorMack

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:29 pm 

Quote:
Rhino could work....or a Damocles Command Rhino! Orbital bombardments everywhere!
Now that idea has real potential!