[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Son's of Horus blog - Page 6 - WestGamer
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:55 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next
 Post subject: Re: Son's of Horus blog
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:01 pm 

You can still apply some rubbing alcohol straight on the powder. That'll fix it enough to then hit it with the varnish. Straight to varnish might just blow it off.

Post subject: Son's of Horus blog
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:44 pm 

I do love this model!

Will wait till I get the vindicator mud fixed before I dirty this one up.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:31 pm 

You love your tank mounted Laser weapons don't you?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:30 pm 

I'm a fan of the one shot kill or at least the one round kill. Damaged vehicles can still hurt, plus explosions are pretty!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:10 pm 

Shock pulse looks like a handy thing to have, have you magnetized the sponsons?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:54 pm 

Didn't magnetise as I don't have other sponsons I could use, but the weapons are pinned and lightly tacked. So it should be quite easy to remove them and magnetise in the future if required.

Shock pulse is cool. Even if vehicles do survive they are render the target ineffective till I get another shot at them. All of this does mean that I may as well paint a big bullseye on it as it's going to be targeted early and often.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:26 pm 

If your going to use sponsons I would recommend the heavy bolters as the neutron beam laser is ordnance. So the lascannon sponsons will only be snap firing if you fire the big gun. 2 snap Fire lascannon for 40 points is steep.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:34 pm 

Quote:
If your going to use sponsons I would recommend the heavy bolters as the neutron beam laser is ordnance. So the lascannon sponsons will only be snap firing if you fire the big gun. 2 snap Fire lascannon for 40 points is steep.
That's where I was going, no point having sponsons with an ordnance main gun. Then again you could always have them handy for weapons destroyed rolls.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:42 pm 

That's why the heavy bolters are better. Increased chance of keeping the main gun during weapon destroyed results for half the price.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:02 am 

Quote:
That's why the heavy bolters are better. Increased chance of keeping the main gun during weapon destroyed results for half the price.
That's a big part of why I used to always run Las/Plas Razorbacks in 40k instead of the others - two weapons to destroy instead of one makes for a more durable vehicle.

"Man, I wish there was a real Black Library where I could get a Black Library Card and take out Black Library Books without having to buy them. Of course, late fees would be your soul. But it would be worth it." - InquisitorMack

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:40 pm 

The way I see it anything that's worth pointing a neutron beam at isn't going to be damaged by a heavy bolter regardless of the number shots. No sponsons at all is an option but it just looks unfinished. I've seen the hole filled very well with iconography, but I currently I don't have any and as mentioned extra weapons lessens the chance of loosing the beam.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:53 pm 

Quote:
That's why the heavy bolters are better.
Heavy bolters are never better.

Heavy bolters are lame.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:46 pm 

In the case of the venator the 20 point heavy bolters are a better choice over the 40 point snap firing lascannons

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:30 pm 

Quote:
In the case of the venator the 20 point heavy bolters are a better choice over the 40 point snap firing lascannons
No way! 20pt heavy bolter just can't do any harm to anything with armour better than 11 at least a las cannon can, even if it is firing snap shots.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:33 pm 

Quote:
Nope. They're lame.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next