[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
The diet coke of Blogs... - Page 2 - WestGamer
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:21 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:27 pm 

So, I made some headway on the SS.

Just basing to do before next week...

The stummel is a hodgepodge of bits. That Hanomag can sub out as a 251 transport, a stummel, a 251/9 (I think? The Panzerbusche41) and a 251/8 (I think, the mortar one). Trying to make use of the expensive thing until 2nd ed and a rewrite of armoured transports to make them worth the points...

"Cry "Havoc!!", and let slip the dogs of war" Julius Caesar; Act III, Scene I

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:35 pm 

Looks great mate I really like the camo on the hanomag it looks really cool. Is it washed the camo colours or did you layer them on? im doing mine all grey but its looking pretty flat at the moment :(

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:04 pm 

Thanks! The camo is late war (well... my take on late war) and is painted on with a crappy brush - then washed with army painter strong tone.

There is some unsubstantiated rumours on the interwebz that early german armour actually used grey with brown camo? It's just impossible to tell with most black and white photography.

I'm going to experiment with a Feldgrau 222 soon. I'll post pictures as I get it sorted...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:16 am 

+1 for the nice camo, especially on the hanomag.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:35 pm 

This is turning out to be a fantastic army.

I love the camouflage on the Hanomag. Camouflage is not easy to paint and this looks just right.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:45 pm 

Once the basing is finished, I'll get a shot of everything that is finished (mostly late war).

After the basing of these I only have to paint 3 panthers, an MMG... and I think that is it for the Germans! Sweet. That is closer than I thought.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:12 am 

+1 on the Hanomag camo. The base of the guy in the bottom left is where you are heading? I think it makes them pop. That pale gravelly earth offers a nice contrast to the woodland cam.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:16 am 

Quote:
+1 on the Hanomag camo. The base of the guy in the bottom left is where you are heading? I think it makes them pop. That pale gravelly earth offers a nice contrast to the woodland cam.
Thanks for all the camo praise chaps. And yep, the base on that dude is the end result. Except I will get round to gluing on some static grass at some point.
And maybe painting a couple of grey rocks for variation.
If I can be bothered.
So probably just the static grass...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:56 pm 

I cheated with my rocks. I picked up a pack of grey train track ballast.... after painting the base earth color of my US, but before washing - I gave a light sprinkle of the ballast with a wash of watered down PVA. I've got a heap if you want me to bring a small pack for you on tuesday if you are at outpost?

Beats painting rocks ^_^

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:07 pm 

Should have some more photos tomorrow, or at the least will get some shots in game Tuesday.

I don't remember basing sucking this much though.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:51 pm 

A shot of the 400pt dastardly SS arrayed yesterday after a stunning victory.

Only had an MMG and 3 panthers to paint before tonight.

Now I have an MMG, 3 Panthers, an entire box of late war plastics, a 222, a squad of FJ, a PzB41, MMG motorcycle and probably 2 38(t)s when I order them and they arrive.

It's like it never ends!