[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
JRamsdale's hobby blog - WestGamer
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:11 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post subject: JRamsdale's hobby blog
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:17 am 

Thought to do this so I can be encouraged to document my progress with a few of my current hobby projects, anyway here are some pics of the work I did yesterday.
Asuka finally got re-based so I can use her in 3rd edition, as I converted and painted her up a couple of years ago:

As well as finishing my first Karakuri:

Though I do apologise for the kinda crappy photos, I do believe the models actually look better in real life.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:42 am 

Looking good man. I find taking photos are a great way of picking up on mistakes, the zoom really makes you notice them! There has been a lot of time that I've taken a picture, then looked at it and gone back and fixed it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:36 pm 

Nice work. Did you make the folded paper on the bases or are they resin? If you did, what did you use?
I'm finding this hot weather is no good for painting!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:46 pm 

Made the bases myself, currently using 3 different types of plasticard to make the streets which consist of Plastcraft's PVC herringbone for the road, ABS rectangle (can't remember the dimensions) for the pavement edge, and plain plasticard for the pavement and street markings. While the cans I used this tutorial, and for the paper I used paper that I would "fold" into desired shape, glue to base and seal with PVA.
As for the weather I am hammering my AC, still not the best for painting but makes it so much more bearable.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:20 pm 

Like those a lot.

You must have a stack of painted infinity figures by now surely

www.unit57inminiature.blogspot.com.au

Want to get into BATTLETECH? Chuck me a PM.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:52 pm 

My Shas are all painted but one model, though my Moats and other combined army need a little more love in regards to painting. One of those things that comes in infrequent waves of motivation really, though at the moment with the Bushido tournament infinity may be place on the back burner.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:40 am 

Nice work! These are beautiful models and you've really done them justice.

And I do like the folded newspapers / posters!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:09 pm 

So finished painting the Karakuri box set today and yesterday, oh the fun of painting white

Also thought that I might take a break from painting my JSA to jump back to painting my Bushido models, I painted Bikou today

I'll probably focus on the Bushido models I will need if I want to attend the Battle in the Heavens tournament, which includes like a bunch of samurai, the dude with musket and battle doge.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:23 pm 

Holy cow! Drink can tutorial! I feel the need to start an urban game system just so I can make some of those.

(The lure of Infinity is calling me...I can feel it...)

"Man, I wish there was a real Black Library where I could get a Black Library Card and take out Black Library Books without having to buy them. Of course, late fees would be your soul. But it would be worth it." - InquisitorMack

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:44 pm 

I'll write one up for the paper as well, but once you see how it is done you will wonder what stopped you before (I ave a few things to rebase and build). As for the can tutorial I've found that they don't look as nice as the images shown, though are still reasonable and great for making trash on bases.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:00 pm 

Well here are some pics of models I have done up for the Outpost Malifaux painting league, first up group shot

The Totems

The enforcers

The Leaders (Master and Henchmen)

I haven't sat down and written a tutorial for the paper but it is on my to do list and will get done at some stage, probably when I base more JSA stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:03 pm 

the frog people look good jarrod nice work I like the henchman with the western feel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:59 pm 

Wow done a great job mate. They look great

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:07 pm 

They look great mate. If I could give you one little tip, and please dont take it as criticism, when painting fire the deepest recesses should be the lightest and the darker colours are towards the edge of the fire. That probably doesn't explain it very well. Basically it's the reverse to the way everything else is painted.

http://hot-lead.org/advance/fire_theory.htm

They still look awesome though mate.

www.unit57inminiature.blogspot.com.au

Want to get into BATTLETECH? Chuck me a PM.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:47 pm 

No issue Hutch, I am aware of it but I'm also a lazy painter and it is actually easier to the reverse so that's why I have the physics defying fire. Also in a world of magic and mayhem I'm not overly worried, considering you can get chemicals that burn different colours as well as different combustion sources (petrol fumes in comparison to diesel liquid burns).

Anyway thanks for the input and compliments guys