[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
IIIrd, XVIth and Questoris Knights started Jan 2016 - Page 5 - WestGamer
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:36 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:59 pm 

Took some pics the other night at Outpost...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:20 pm 

That is a very nice table of hurt. The troops look great and the armour is fantastic. Subtle chaos is beautiful thing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:31 pm 

Thanks man!

So I have been working on the Sons of Horus on and off, adding grime and rust etc. Finally have them all ready for matte clear, wasn't expecting to be ready so soon and I ran out of my Vallejo Matt Varnish. Still, I managed to get the Sicaran finished up! I've heard quite a few negative things about this particalur sealer, frosting, white particles etc but I went a little wetter then suggested to eliminate that form happening (in my experience the Matte additive in the varnish will dry opaquely the faster it goes off, by spraying a slightly heavier coat you make the sealer take a little longer to dry).

The best part, and it was very unintentional, the matte clear has helped in desaturating the turquoise. Its only by a small amount, but it makes a huge difference!

Here is a side by side comparison of two tanks, both grimed up, but the Sicaran is matte cleared and the Predator isn't.

And a quick shot to show the streaking...

Thanks for looking!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:48 pm 

Lovely weathering on the Sicarian. I like the dusty urban feel.

Very interesting point about the drying time of matte affecting the whitening problem. I wonder if retarder would be beneficial at all? Just worried about too thick a coating could dull something you want to keep really bright.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:45 pm 

Thanks mate, I have now finished the rest of the army off too but will need to take some decent pics this Tuesday.

In the mean time I have got a start on my next project: The Phoenix Guard!

Plan here is to model a contingent of the Phoenix Guard who will comprise of 10 Phoenix Terminators (spear dudes), 10 Terminators (in same armour as spear dudes), a Praetor and Brotherhood of the Phoenix Chaplain, a pair of Contemptors, Fulgrim and a host of Jetbikes plus Dreadclaws for the Terminators. Hoping to have this army completed before November Skulls.

Mostly new stuff here with one 5man squad I started a while back repurposed with Powerfists.

Thanks for looking!