So I have been working on the Sons of Horus on and off, adding grime and rust etc. Finally have them all ready for matte clear, wasn't expecting to be ready so soon and I ran out of my Vallejo Matt Varnish. Still, I managed to get the Sicaran finished up! I've heard quite a few negative things about this particalur sealer, frosting, white particles etc but I went a little wetter then suggested to eliminate that form happening (in my experience the Matte additive in the varnish will dry opaquely the faster it goes off, by spraying a slightly heavier coat you make the sealer take a little longer to dry).
The best part, and it was very unintentional, the matte clear has helped in desaturating the turquoise. Its only by a small amount, but it makes a huge difference!
Here is a side by side comparison of two tanks, both grimed up, but the Sicaran is matte cleared and the Predator isn't.
And a quick shot to show the streaking...
Thanks for looking!