[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
2nd Edition Goodness (Orks) - WestGamer
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:31 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:29 pm 

Hi all!

Time for an army-specific thread again. I've got a post up for a slow-grow league for Warhammer 40k second edition and it's looking good so far!
If you played back in the day and are keen, go and have a look over here:

http://www.westgamer.com/forum/viewtopi ... =5&t=31613

Edit: I've worked out my list to 1250 points, including workable iterations as I work through each point level. The armaments may change, but it's nothing drastic (e.g. Ork Boar Boyz drop the autocannon to a heavy bolter when I hit the 1250pt mark). Without further ado;

HQ: (30.9%)
1x Warboss, Kustom Shoota, Cybork Body, Cyboar Mount, Powerfist
1x Weird Boy, Psyker Level 2 with +2 Minderz with Bolters
1x Mekaniak, Shokk Attack Gun
1x Blood Axe Kommando Kaptin, Combi Bolter/Plasma, 'eavy armor
1x Zodgrod Wartsnagga, Runtherd Grabba Stikk

Mobz: (35.1%)
9x Blood Axe Kommandoz, 9x Power Axes, 1x Melta
6x Blood Axe Boyz Mob, 1x Heavy Bolter
6x Snakebite Boyz, 6x Boar Mounts, x1 Heavy Bolter
10x Super Gretchin, Autoguns
3x Snotling Bases (for the Shokk attack gun)

Support: (34.0%)
2x Ork War Bikes, Twin Linked Auto cannons
1x Ork War Trakk, Multimelta, Squig Fuel Injectors
1x Pulsa Rokkit, x2 Gretchin Crew
1x Squig Katapult, x2 Gretchin Crew

Including Allied Units:
1x Imperial Hellhound Tank, Squig Fuel Injectors

=1250 pts exact.

Last edited by w00f135 on Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:57 am 

Humble beginnings :)

Wouldn't you just look at those gnarly boars. Whew.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:31 pm 

Some WIP to keep the mojo.

The blood axe kommandos took another 45 min of scrubbing and are being re-bathed so no progress on them.
The boar boys are shaping up nicely though, here is a WIP with most of the foundation colors down. Matching to one of the styles from the codex.

While I don't technically need them until the 30th of August it's easy to remember why I fell in love the first time.

The build was a little time consuming as I had to sand down some catachan plastic arms to match the scale. Found that the muscles were pronounced enough that it didn't lose details, so I took most bulk of the arms down with P80 grade then cleaned and smoothed back with wet and dry p1200 sand paper. Those arms then had green stuff sleeves added. Took a while but looks ok? Stops the cost and delay of evil bay anyway.

More to come :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:00 pm 

Slow and steady wins the race. Happy enough to finish the board now then do final touches on the completed minis.

(Apologies for dodgy late night photo)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:36 pm 

Looking nice Woof135.

I have a few Boar Boyz myself I need to get to painting. Will watch what you do with them with interest :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:31 am 

Looking really good!!
I can't wait to see the bores!

I wish I could do this with older models but im not paying 2 bucks per boy when regular boys are the same price at tacticts.
Your army is going to look pretty damn cool when you finish it!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:12 pm 

Quote:
Looking nice Woof135.

I have a few Boar Boyz myself I need to get to painting. Will watch what you do with them with interest :)
Thanks! They are shaping up nicely. I'm a bit worried they are lacking something although I think I'm so used to seeing darker models with heavy use of shading etc (like the current paint schemes) that these older styles with lighter colors just really throw me off?
Quote:
Looking really good!!
I can't wait to see the bores!

I wish I could do this with older models but im not paying 2 bucks per boy when regular boys are the same price at tacticts.
Your army is going to look pretty damn cool when you finish it!
Thanks man! Retro all the way! I totally understand not wanting to buy them though! I've managed to put this whole list together using odds and ends which gives me the excuse to paint them all :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:57 pm 

Tattoos or Warpaint may make the faces pop a little in amongst the gaudy (in a good way ;) ) clothing? :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:50 pm 

Latest WIP for those interested. Boars need some work and the green on the rims needs a few moar coats!

Agreed on the warpaint! Thinking purple warpaint for the boyz. I've had to greenstuff some tusks so there's so variety, got some young pigs in the mix.

Edit 17/08: I've finally finished my 1250pt list, it has been edited and added to the first post in this thread. The Pulsa Rokkit and Squig Katapult won't be around until the final round so don't fear !

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:55 am 

Updated my army list in the first post, it is now squared away to the 1250pt mark whew. Got some scratch building to do!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:53 pm 

Yay Zodgrod Wartsnagga! my favourite ork special character XD I found the miniature while digging through storage the other day :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:48 am 

I figured I couldn't run Snakebites without their iconic Runtherd!

Taking him also gets me some specially trained Supa Grots!
Speaking of snakebites, here's a group WIP shot. Warboss and auto cannon grot are kit bashed :)

Fluff wise, Gus the Warboss used to be the boss o' the primatives until he lost a bet (and part of his brain) in a Gnasher squig eating competition. Since the doc gave him some Cybork replacement bitz, he's been thinkin' a bit different and has taken an unlikely alliance with the Blood Axe Kaptin' who will appear at the 600/800pt level to support Gus and his boyz.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:55 am 

Okidokes so a while between posts. I have been busy painting though.
The league is going well, sitting at about 10 regular players 3 games in.

So my 400pt list ended up including the boat boys, warboss and a unit of blood axe kommandos.

You will spot 2 that are darker than the rest, I thought I'd try out black undercoats for ####'s and giggles. I used to use black all the time. Unsure if it's my style has changed or if army painters pigments count are way lower than my old GW paints but it took way too long to bring the colors up from black. But it was a tester.

So this Tuesday is the 600pt game. I bought a pulsa rokkit from eBay, pumped, but it hasn't arrived so I needed to know out a different 50pts than planned. It's the weekend before, these are still WIP but you get what I'm running at 600pts:

Squig flinga (katapult) n crew:

(Red setting means extra flingy)

Shokk attack gun with Runtherd assistant.

I only had a small number of snotlings from the era, so I've broken them up on to newer edition bike bases for a counts as, with a squig per base to make counting the ammo easier! (Most of the snots were painted and sitting in my bits box, may be my painting, may be a trade I really have no idea)

As the league has developed, it turns out I have a 50% chance of facing heavy infantry or tyranids and thus a hive tyrant. To combat this (and because 600pts is the opening for vehicles) I'm bringing 2 twin linked auto cannons on the bike with a 360* Pintle mounted Multimelta on the wartrakk. The crew are still WIP.

Had to use a gorkamorka base with some metal gubbins so that the gunner can actually stand in the tray and have enough weight not to fall out. The tubes on the gun were an experiment using a plastic hair comb to create cables from greenstuff, Ork engineering being forgiving.

So at the very least if this weekend is crazy I've got a league-legal 600pt list ready to roll.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:27 pm 

I swear, putting up terrible WIP photos is the most motivating part of a hobby diary. 600pts finished.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:58 am 

Nice one Sam. Those are quite a lot of minis for 600pts.