[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Project Log - 28/6 - Playing with Liquid Mask. - Page 13 - WestGamer
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:58 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:36 pm 

Thanks, guys. Super happy with how the first one turned out, so now just have to force myself to do the rest. Im struggling a bit to get a photo Im happy with. It looks a little washed out in the pics.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:48 pm 

Looks incredible. Would look even better on the table :P

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:40 pm 

Quick dump of stuff from my phone. I'll try and get some more photos over the next week of other stuff in the to-do pile, including my Skaven BB team and the start of my FOW American Tank Company, knocked out for an upcoming Tank Aces campaign at PAGS.

For now, I thought this might be of interest to some of you. It's my airbrush setup in my garage. My missus got fairly angry when the first bit of overspray missed the backboard and sprayed the bare brick, so I built and mounted this booth to keep things fairly contained. The lights are temporary but light the booth up well enough. I usually work with the garage door up during the day, so lighting isn't as much an issue but the lights let me do some work at night. The pedestal fan is because the compressor runs super hot and I'm trying to keep as much air flow over it as I can. The length of threaded rod allows me to spray magnetised components seperately.

I think I put this picture up in the Warmachine painting thread but I'll repost it here with the rest of my stuff. These are the start of a Cygnar army for a mate of mine, mostly airbrushed with the exception of the caster. His eyes came out looking a bit funny but otherwise, pretty happy with these.

Another plastic Human BB team, for the same mate. He gave these to me as a commission about a year ago, before I went up north but they got pushed to the wayside and with no BB games happening at PAGS for a while, completly forgotten. But with another league starting, I figured I couldn't ignore them any longer and got to it. Should be able to knock out the back seven over the next week with an Ogre still to come.

More Warmachine, this is the first Jack off the line from the Menoth half of the starter box, again being painted up for a mate. Came out a fair bit dirtier than I intended but still pretty happy with the result.

And finally (for now), my repainted X-Wing. This is about the fourth scheme I've tried and for now, I'm pretty happy with it. Those of you who went to 40th Legion might have seen them over the day. You might also have seen (and had a good giggle) at EskimoDan's Firespray and TIE list. It's amazing how much laughter you can get out of one off the cuff idea and a few drinks. All I have for now is pics of the TIEs. I'll try and chase up a shot of the Firespray later.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:00 am 

Trying to finish a PanO list for DADES and took the chance to have a bit of a play with Liquid Mask. Was pretty stressful using it as I was paranoid that I was going to somehow wreck what I'd already done but as it turns out, it's exactly as easy as it says on the bottle. Only thing I would change would be to seal the surface post spray so I don't rub off my fresh coat while taking the mask off and to be a bit more careful applying it so I don't have to clean up the paint so much.

Masking before spray.

Post spray.

And post clean.

And on an unrelated note, the WIP Dragao that got posted in the thread.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:38 pm 

very nice :D out of curiosity which brand of liquid mask are you using? as I was looking at getting some myself :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:47 pm 

Vallejo. Tactics stock but it took me two attempts to find it. It's in the massive paint stand on the left of the aisle with the other AV paints, not with any of the Game/Model Air or other Airbrush stuff on the shelves on the right of the aisle.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13