[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Project Log - 28/6 - Playing with Liquid Mask. - Page 10 - WestGamer
It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:17 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12 13 Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:25 am 

Nuh! Simmo has two rulebooks, I borrowed them for a week, figured out as much as I could and we both ordered a starter! Hopefully will get here today or tomorrow and then we'l give it a punt! I things he's had an intro game with someone? I really like the Mexican-stand-off feel created by the ARO actions. Without the rules I just love the haqq figs, once I saw them I couldn get hooked on any other faction, only have about a dozen figs coming and I'm really keen to set up a painting thread for some incentive to really go all out on the models ;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:33 am 

Bit of advice for learning to play. Take a laptop with you and use the wiki for rules queries. Its much easier and has the Human Sphere rules too.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:04 am 

Simmo got some great looking cheat-sheets, rules reference sheets, they look super handy. I think for now we'l just be trying it out for a fun skirmish side game, so hopefully we don't have to go crazy rules wise!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:15 pm 

As a change of pace, I'm considering shelving the Nids for a while and instead smashing out a few more highlights on my mate's Ork army so I can take it to Southern Blood. Problem is, Southern Blood is about two weeks away and I still need to paint an extra thirty Boys. Luckily (or unluckily depending on how you want to look at it), I badly twisted my ankle last night and have the rest of the week off. So I have three days... Hmm... Can it be done? Stick around and find out.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:18 pm 

If you can do thirty Ork Boys to that calibre in three days I will be massively impressed. :P

The skin is by far my favourite part of the model although what plans have you got for the base?
Quote:
Luckily (or unluckily depending on how you want to look at it), I badly twisted my ankle last night and have the rest of the week off. So I have three days... Hmm... Can it be done? Stick around and find out.
In your case I'm inclined to say it looks pretty lucky. Three days for Hobby = Awesome! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:16 pm 

Quote:
I badly twisted my ankle last night and have the rest of the week off. So I have three days... Hmm... Can it be done? Stick around and find out.
Unless you paint with your feet - I reckon, YOU CAN DO IT!

Looking forward to seeing the pics mate.

Chunks Directory

Current Hobby Projects

Redoing an entire Necron army so my first one can sit there and gather dust... Yeah I don't know why either

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:42 pm 

Dave, do you have any pics of your Tervigon, I would be interested in seeing your conversion =)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:02 pm 

Quote:
Dave, do you have any pics of your Tervigon, I would be interested in seeing your conversion =)
Sure. Photos aren't too great (tbh, the conversion isn't that great :)) but you get the idea. I've got a second one with the same "egg-sac". It's just balls of green stuff and the underside of one of the Carnifex tails. Paintjob on the skin is really rough as I was in a huge hurry to get it finished for Ultimates and focused more on the carapace.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:20 pm 

Orks FTW!

Looking good so far!

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:12 am 

Looking great Dave, and thanks for the tips on the carapaces! I've been stuck on 40K but hopefully I'll be starting painting some bfg soon.

BFG Tyranid Hive Fleet

Dystopian Wars June 2013 Campaign TFR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:00 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Sure. Photos aren't too great (tbh, the conversion isn't that great :)) but you get the idea.
Thanks for taking the time to reply, it looks great =)

I see you have left your Tervigon on the Carnifex base. I'm also using a Carnifex for the basis of the conversion but I'm not sure if I should keep the base or swap it over for a larger Trygon base instead.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:03 pm 

I blame Shane Breadsell.

Well, that's not entirely true. I blame him a little. He gave me a very savage beating at Ultimates with this little guy. But I blame myself more for not giving in to the hype and testing the Doom before Ultimates.

The monster would have been in my list if I had.

He is built in the same style as the Zoanthropes in my list. Just different components. The body is still Warrior, just a 2nd edition one instead. And the head was taken from spares off the Trygon sprue. Shot of conversion and a quick size comparison to my Zoas just for the sake of it.

First outing is next week at a friendly, team event between PAGS and Hangar19.

And because he should arrive in style, this is his ride. Still WIP but pretty close. Some sort of cardboard decorative flower, a bit of green stuff and wire and what I thought was way too much spray adhesive but given it wound up looking like slime, it turned out to be the exact amount I needed :D.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:47 pm 

Dave they look slick, probably the best use for and old warrior fig, Is the flower thing inteded to be terrain or a Micetic spore drop pod thingy?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:55 pm 

Mycetic Spore. If i decide to make more, im going to hunt around for something more like a seed pod but for now, that will do.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:25 pm 

Nice work Dave.

Your Mycetic Spore reminds me a little of a cross between the flower from Little Shop of Horrors and the Sarlacc from RotJ

Chunks Directory

Current Hobby Projects

Redoing an entire Necron army so my first one can sit there and gather dust... Yeah I don't know why either

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12 13 Next