[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Revamping Outpost 6030 terrain with an almost 3yo - Page 2 - WestGamer
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:43 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:21 am 

Dude - your daughter is absolutely gorgeous, and looks to be having a great time helping her Dad.

No wonder you're such a proud Father.

Such a nice post - thanks for making me smile this morning. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:09 pm 

Hey Bruce, what did you use to give the city sections some uneven ground, particularily against the buildings where the sand would build up?

I tried to use green stuff but I would need heaps of it to give it the depth. I tried layering the sand but it takes too long.

Captain Ignatius, Doombringers 3rd Company

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:06 pm 

Quote:
Hey Bruce, what did you use to give the city sections some uneven ground, particularily against the buildings where the sand would build up?

I tried to use green stuff but I would need heaps of it to give it the depth. I tried layering the sand but it takes too long.
Mate, we used spak filla rapid set... however it wasn't very sticky so I'd recommend just the powder stuff, made to a pancake mix thickish consistancy and use that - give it a few layers to build up a nice fall

Chunks Directory

Current Hobby Projects

Redoing an entire Necron army so my first one can sit there and gather dust... Yeah I don't know why either

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:30 pm 

More child labour employed today. 3yo stripped down to her undies, armed with a paintbrush (boy did she make a mess) with two pots of brown paint - one very watered down (for washing the building walls) and one less watered down (for painting the sand).

The Bastion is mine - I just used the excuse to advance it a little.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:43 pm 

Looking great Bruce!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:03 pm 

Awesome work

Chunks Directory

Current Hobby Projects

Redoing an entire Necron army so my first one can sit there and gather dust... Yeah I don't know why either

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:50 pm 

Looking good mate... although it isn't really you we should be thanking ehh? ;)

well i play vant pier conts just wish thay get alll the books out at one time bet you alll that by the time all the books are out the change the ruls agen ho like the gigantic snake with armes mack good rath for 4ok nekyns
[/size]
Threadkiller

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:56 am 

Nice work and dedication to the community *thumbs up!*

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:34 am 

Crashed Aquila lander pieces almost done

Two of the five corner pieces are getting close. Two shots below - front and back. I've deliberately put some bits of colour on each to brighten them up. The colour scheme for the Nids is taken from Black Hat's Tyranid army and the barrel/jerry can match my Space Marine army. A bit more work required.

And the next project for my 3yo - craters :) That's this afternoon's craft activity.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:40 am 

Well, she rolled sausages of clay but then I had to do the rest....

Further work required....

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:58 pm 

Those are looking good. I've been using the same stuff to make 15mm scale craters for Flames of War for PAGS down in Mandurah. Its an awesome cheap way to smash out some good looking terrain.

"Oberint Dum Metuant"
-Emperor Caligula

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:04 am 

Craters... Glueing and adding sand.... Painting this afternoon