[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
roll on grass - WestGamer
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:33 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
 Post subject: roll on grass
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:20 am 

I am just asking has anyone had success with the roll of grass (the flocked brown paper)?
I've got some large areas to cover, and also what is the best glue to use sticking it to foam?

Post subject: Re: roll on grass
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:51 pm 

Quote:
I am just asking has anyone had success with the roll of grass (the flocked brown paper)?
I've got some large areas to cover, and also what is the best glue to use sticking it to foam?
I used PVA to stick it to MDF on a Bloodbowl 7's pitch.

Because I wanted it to look patchy I also flocked around the edges. Otherwise you end up with manicure perfect lawn. Overall I wasn't the happiest with the result, and by far the trickiest bit was keeping all the sections pressed down till the glue dried.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:56 pm 

GW had one that I bought years ago. I stuck it down over three boards 4" x 2". Some 10 years later it is still in good condition. I just bought PVA glue from Bunnings. I used old WD and phone books to weigh it down at glue stage. Make sure you have an even spread with the glue to avoid ripples.

Chunks Directory

Current Hobby Projects

Redoing an entire Necron army so my first one can sit there and gather dust... Yeah I don't know why either

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:13 pm 

I would advise against the flock mat. I did it with my last board and I was not happy.

GW store guy told me they get their (much better) effect by even PVA glue coverage on board and then sieve on flock and sand in patch effect. Let me clarify, sand first, let it dry, paint sanded table desired colour then glue again and sieve on flock.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:49 pm 
Site Admin

Get the new style GW cloth static grass mat. Hands down the best gaming mat I've seen on the market ever. The thing is damn near indestructible.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:01 pm 

Quote:
Get the new style GW cloth static grass mat. Hands down the best gaming mat I've seen on the market ever. The thing is damn near indestructible.
Yeah that's the one I used... I also have the sandy flock mat... Not so good.

Chunks Directory

Current Hobby Projects

Redoing an entire Necron army so my first one can sit there and gather dust... Yeah I don't know why either

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:36 am 

i attempted roll on grass, my mistake was doing it outside in the summer.

bubbles. bubbles everywhere.

THIN YOUR PAINTS!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:15 pm 

Quote:
You wouldn't happen to have a link? I couldn't find it browsing the website.

Thanks!

Joel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:23 pm 

Quote:

Thanks!

Joel

You're looking for this one, hidden among all the other scenery items: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... rod2060001

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:14 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks!

Joel

You're looking for this one, hidden among all the other scenery items: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... rod2060001

Nice try my friend! $55.00?? I've already started the virus scan looking for the Trojan you've no doubt linked me to. Verrry clever except there's no way something like that would be so cheap!

No. Way.

:mrgreen: Ok, maybe it's legit. Thank you for the link!

Joel

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable