[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Rise of the Eldrazi - spoilers & release info - Page 4 - WestGamer
It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:18 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:19 am 

I didn't realize they reshuffled the lot.

But yeah, with those ones, I see your point. Mere presence means decking isn't really a viable option- unless you can arrange for them to be stripped out with whatever the name of the Lobotomy variant is. Or a similar card.. I'm not really familiar with what's available.

Also. wtf. They reprinted Underworld Dreams. :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:56 am 

Quote:
Quote:
No, you're right. If the Eldrazi is put in the graveyard at the same time that their library is emptied, the player loses.
OK.. I can't let that pass without making a comment. Players do not lose the game as soon as your library is empty. Players lose the game as soon as they try to draw a card and cannot due to having no cards in your library. This is a very significant difference since there are effects that can return cards to the top of your library. (Academy Ruins for a start.)
That's an interesting distinction. So when you have no library and an effect says "place the top card of your library into the graveyard", you don't lose the game? All this time I thought that was the case.

Malifaux Henchman
Currently Painting: KoW Salamanders
Models Painted this Year: 38 (2015: 265)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:09 pm 

That's really weird.

I'd assume you'd have resolved the mill x cards effect (and thus lose the game for failing to draw a card) before the reshuffle effect would take place. I don't see how, logically, the reshuffle can take place during another effect.

And I know, it's not about the library being empty- it's about not being able to draw a card.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:13 pm 

The point is that milling isnt drawing... and therefore if you cant mill you still dont lose until your next draw phase?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:06 pm 

unless u force the player to draw a card and as an instant in reponse activate the artifact. Thus they are milled and then are unable to draw a card and lose before the eldrazi effect comes in. That bring said, I don't know if many competitive decks could run those big eldrazi, except for a few trick decks (piper,polymorph,lurking predator, sphinx decks to name a few)

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:45 pm 

OH DUH. I was confusing mill x with draw x.

Neverrrrmind.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:19 pm 

Quote:
That bring said, I don't know if many competitive decks could run those big eldrazi, except for a few trick decks (piper,polymorph,lurking predator, sphinx decks to name a few)
Does it really matter about being able to run them? I'd expect most competitive decks to include 1-2 in their sideboards. A possible dead card in games 2-3 is a small price to pay to effectively negate your opponents win condition.

Malifaux Henchman
Currently Painting: KoW Salamanders
Models Painted this Year: 38 (2015: 265)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:32 pm 

Honestly a lot of control decks can probably put just 1-2 into their deck as a failsafe. Its a backup win condition if youve got a mana lead, and a lot of control decks will be able to discard it into their graveyard at will anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:44 pm 

Oh don't worry my blue white control deck will definately run at least one of the big fellas in the deck. They can cast it no dramas if the lock is on. Sideboarding in for protection is interesting. I guess it depends on how popular and powerful mill decks become.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:28 pm 
Site Admin

More spoiler action! Sooo many good cards in this set - I can't wait! :D

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:33 pm 

W man was so happy to see they brought wall of blossoms back. And then I was even more impressed to see it was in white. Fricken awesome. 4 will be going straight into my white blue deck.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:23 pm 
Site Admin

Ok, so I may have found a few more spoilers... ;)

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:44 pm 

I saw a possible blue card that took my interest. UU to counter spell, but gotta return a land to your hand as an added cost. Could be awesome when used at the right time (with halimer depths in play)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:52 pm 

I'll take four gelatinous genesis please :P

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:22 pm 

Just in case people didn't know, there's a whole spoiler section with 150+ cards from the new set at http://mtgsalvation.com/rise-of-the-eld ... oiler.html, it's a great website, good community too. Looking forward to this prerelease mightily.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next