[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[Necromunda] Multi-Gangs, Collecting the Original Models - WestGamer
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:41 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:29 pm 

Hello chaps, time for a change of pace of me, and to launch into another project! I want to eventually collect and paint all of the original models (except the Goliaths because those models are tremendously awful)

First of all to anyone reading this I am looking for the following gangs to buy from you anyone with them, if anyone has the complete or even partial collections I am chasing:
Cawdor, Van Saar, Delaque.

I have always loved the Necromunda figures, it was the height of Necromunda when I got into the hobby in 1996 and so my early days of White Dwarf where filled with these models and i've always had a massive soft spot for them, and my early days of gaming was with Necromunda and Gorkamorka as well as 2nd Ed 40k, although I never did at the time own any Necromunda figures!

I have the Escher gang all complete and finished, so I will trickle them out one at a time as I go to keep you interested whilst I paint through the other ones, I will also be painting my WFB Empire/DOW at the same time so I will be going slowly!

Escher Ganger with Autogun and Pistol, Escher Ganger with Lasgun
These are all painted up Punk Rockers/Hair Band girls from the 80's bright colours and big hair so what else could they be!

Orlock Juve and Ratskin Ganger
These wip figures show my new thing, Grey Undercoat, for me the perfect balance between providing a bit of shading and still keeping the colours vibrant, so we will see how they go! I am not sure on what to do with the Orlocks just yet, although their obvious Biker looks is making me lean towards black leather jackets and blue jeans, we will see how it goes. With the ratskins I am thinking up earthy tones for clothing, with Albino ratskin cloaks and some Native American inspired facial warpaint, If I can give an impression of these guys I will be very pleased.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:40 pm 

Hallo chaps! Got another little man painted, just the one this week, but I have been purchasing as well, it might amuse you to know that despite my no Goliath statement earlier I have bought some anyway! Can't control myself!

Ratskin Renegade with Lasgun
This was a fun model to paint and i'm pleased with how the little fella turned out, the little symbol on his rifle was a native american symbol I doodled on.
Never painted pink before! I am thinking I need to spruce up the bases on my guys a little, might get some scenic ones! Haven't decided yet. But just wanted to start painting so didn't have time to fiddle with fancy basing and just get a ratskin painted up. Really enjoying these old Necromunda models.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:31 pm 

Some more girls step up, going to do all of my Chainswords with the industrial hazard stripes, love that look. Although I just notice now in the photo that a couple of the stripes are slightly irregular!

Escher with Autogun, Escher with Autopistol and Chainsword

A few new models have arrived and are primed and ready to go! At this moment painting up the brave, I am taking my time with these boys getting one done at a time, very enjoyable way to paint but slow!

Redemptionist with Shotgun, Ratskin Brave with Musket (haha!) Scavvy with Shotgun

I have a cool paintjob planned for the redemptionist going to be fairly bold I hope, and for the Scavvies my idea was to paint them in tattered industrial safety clothing, yellow or orange types, maybe a high vis stripe or two, do it on a case by case basis! Represent them either raiding or being ex-factory workers.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:03 pm 

This is a cool project. I always loved the old necro figs and really want to paint and old gang or two myself.

Great idea

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:25 am 

cool idea, Im tempted to bust out my old escher gang myself, i just got to remotivate myself from current painting burnout.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:34 pm 

Had a productive night, and decided to take a late night photo of my now finished Brave. Great model (although not really the most grimdark 40k piece! But i love it anyway.) Really pleased with the eyes on this chap, and happy how the facepaint came out. Think i'm going to stipple a bit of rust on a few more things now since it brightens up a piece of scenery quite nicely.

Ratskin Brave with Musket

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:18 pm 

Burn the witch! Cool models the redemptionists, very fitting in the 40k universe the crazed Zealot and not really represented on the 40k battlefield at all (besides Chaos worshippers!). Then again, crazed untrained, poorly armed and un-armoured men stand no chance against professional soldiers, let alone the horrors that the 40k universe spawns!

In the sprawling underhive however, plenty of witches to burn!

Redemptionist with Shotgun

Hope you guys like my choice of colours with this one, didn't want to go for the hot rod flame effect on the robe, they like to burn things not be burnt themselves after all! Besides, fanatics don't tend see themselves as such and having flame robes seems too self aware to me :P

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:53 pm 

These latest photos show my favourite work to date, my mother is a furniture restorer and I must have inherited some of that drive from her because I have 'restored' these miniatures and it please me more than doing up some brand new models. Hope you like the results also :)

Before, my 2nd hand redemptionists

After, Redemptionist with Autogun, Redemptionist with Stubgun and Autopistol, Redemptionist with two Autopistols

Anyway, got some more men sprayed and ready to go, a Cawdor, a Goliath and some other to go! Will show you my box of wonder/horror in my next post!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:42 pm 

Nice work mate. I love my rat skins and have been slowly slowly working at repainting my wife's delaque gang.

I like your updated Redemptionists. Looks like the 80s paintjob has been updated for 2012 :)

Love your scheme for your rat skins too.

Look forward to seeing more of your work.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:16 pm 

Thanks advance, I'd love to see your necromunda gang! I wonder how ridiclous my paintscheme will look in 20 years (the 80's will always be 20 years ago :P) when whatever is fashionable then is compared with it :D

Ok, haven't finished my Goliath and Cawdor yet, although they are en-route, in the meantime here is one i prepared earlier. Love the expression on this lady, very fierce, and it was my first attempt at Tartan too :) Turned out pretty well.

Escher Ganger with Autopistol and Sword

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:07 am 

Merry Christmas everybody! Hope you all have a nice holiday period and get the goodies you asked for, aren't we glad it wasn't the calender induced apocalypse!

Just wanted to show off my box of wonder/horror (currently wonder, as i get through it it might turn to the latter) my almost complete collection of Necromunda 95/97 figures awaiting paint jobs. Think you guys can ID them all? You'll go mad trying :P Like me!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:07 am 

This is a nice post, I love your work and funnily enough just recently completed my necromunda cube (a collection of figs so just rock up and play format)

I will check what I have spares to see if there is spares for you

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:48 am 

Thanks svenbloodhowl, is your collection painted up? I'd love to see it.

The one I am really after is the Van Saar juve with the Stub-gun and Club. Can't find that bugger anywhere.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:44 pm 

Goliath Online! As the little walker said in Starcraft back in this era. Got my big muscle man painted, not the greatest of sculpts by a long shot but one of the better Goliath ones. Couldn't resist putting some hazard stripes on his rifle, I will continue that with the rest of the Goliaths, feel it fits their heavy industry background and its my favourite trend of the 'red era'.

The muscles on this guy though! Blimey, must be some serious drugs in the underhive!

Goliath with Autogun and Axe

Cawdor Juvie next! They will be tied in with the redemptionists in their paint scheme, since the Redemptionists are meant to be part of the Cawdor House anyhow!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:10 pm 

My first Cawdor is done, He has a rusty old Knife as a Juve but his laspistol is kept in good condition! The hazard stripes will remind him to point away from face! I deliberately wanted the Cawdor to tie in with the Redemptionists, firstly, because the Redemptionists are part of the Cawdor house, so I see these guys as being part of the same sect, and secondly because it also gives me the opportunity to use them in 40k games as a single unit, since they mix so well.

Cawdor Juve with Laspistol

Quite like this colour scheme, have to resist the urge to paint it on everything haha :D