[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Faux Pas - A Year of Malifaux Events - Page 4 - WestGamer
It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:25 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:57 am 

Thanks to everyone last night and Justin with his great looking tables. I think lots of chocolate was consumed by all by John who ended up withh 11 chocolates and taking the Egg Hauler home.

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:04 pm 

Are pictures forthcoming ?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:20 pm 

I didn't take any unfortunately

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:03 pm 

Here's a couple of the tables prior to the easter egg hunt and the chocolate induced frenzy that ensued. Justin's efforts are the first two boards and he really did go all out on them. We discovered early on that the five structures on the bayou board were solar lights, which John and Justin end up using as a form of turn counter. The light goes out, that's a turn down. It was quite cool to see the lights of this camp blink out one by one as the two Neverborn crews fought over the spoils.

Table 1 - Ten Thunders Hideout
The Ten Thunders have infiltrated all factions in Malifaux and the Bayou is no exception. With the infiltration and their work in the shadows complete, the Ten Thunders have turned their sights to a more permanent lair. Can this organisation tame the bayou or will the bayou be reclaimed by its denizens?

Table 2 - Mr Magpie's Cemetary Circus
Mr Magpie has come to Malifaux bringing his troop of performers and misfits. To the common folk its is a wanted distraction from the drugery of their lives. To the unseen masters it is either an opportunity to hire the skills of some truly unique mercenarys or it is unwelcome competition.

Table 3 - Shadyrest Cemetary
From humble beginnings one young man discovers a set of ancient and unholy devices that have powerful Ressurectionist capabilities. With no clue how to use the power, and a dead squirrel as his only companion, can he survive long enough to unlock their secrets or will the Guild stop his efforts?

The actual easter egg hunt was fantastic fun. It's an interesting scenario where the soulstones in your cache and a number of choccy counters on the board are the only thing standing between you and victory. It's interesting because every time you use a soulstone you're doing yourself out of something that contributes to that victory. At the same time it's chocolate and after three turns of play, carefully stashing my hoard, you just cant help but give in and burn a stone for a much needed sugar fix.

In my game I took Seamus up against Raspy. Raspy struggled with movement and I took fast moving minions to get to those chocolate counters. Because I was rushing I didn't really get to read the scenario before sitting down and it was only when I made it into contact with the first chocolate and tried to pick it up that I realised it needed to be a signicant minion. Thankfully two canine remains together are significant and I was able to get the majority of the chocs on the board. Even so, Raspy had started with a cache of 7 soul stones and I had 3, so to have it ed up as a 8-8 draw took some doing (and self control on our parts!). I had one heart stopping moment at the end of turn 6 when a severely wounded crooked man was targetted by Raspy and she surged. Thankyfully he survived on one wound, otherwise I would have had to use the choc for a healing flip.

I also managed to overcome my horrendous luck raising new minions with Seamus. A canine remains for a Belle in contact with Choc gave me a significant minion with one summoned action which she used to pick up a choc and then in the next turn she high tailed it to safety. I also raised the same Doxy twice to fell a couple of Gamin that were camped out on some chocs.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:22 am 

Thanks, the tables look great.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:29 am 

Time for the monthly reminder that tomorrow night Outpost is hosting Faux Pas, for your (at least) monthly dose of Malifaux.

It is a good time and place to see the game in action and ask anything about it, plus the open beta for v2 is just under a month away.

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:52 pm 

I'll be there for once to actually play Malifaux then :P

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:31 pm 

I'm heading up as well.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:00 am 

I'll be there. I've organised a game not realising at the time it was Malifaux week.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:34 pm 

And thanks to a dodgy drive in one of my servers I now need to stay at work. Ill try to make it but now not guaranted. Not happy. :(

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:01 am 

You were missed Paul

Last night saw 12 people playing Malifaux at Outpost which was great.

At this stage the June event at KRAGS is looking at having a focus on the start of the open beta for Malifaux 2nd edition and what the changes entail.

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:34 am 

That's June 7th at KRAGS for those who don't know, which I can make! :)

I'm looking forward to seeing what the new incarnation of Rasputina can do, and playing on that great terrain above.

And thanks to all who came along last night, I'm really enjoying having a designated Malifaux night a month.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:20 am 

Just a friendly reminder that Faux Pas continues on at KRAGS on Friday night, exploring 2nd edition Malifaux

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:44 am 

Just another reminder that Faux Pas continues at Outpost tomorrow night. Once again it will be focussing on the changes made to Malifaux for M2E.

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:30 am 

Poor Rasputina's head is still spinning from all the to-and-froing, but I'll be bringing her along again. I'm still yet to try Freeze Over!

Though whilst I was intially sad at the loss of using ice pillars to create magical ice castles, the new version actually works a lot better--having them dissappear at the start of her activation is really useful. They actually work similarly to how Swamp Gobbers work in hordes--providing cover for the rest of your turn and the beginning of the next, but not getting in the way once you actually want to do stuff.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next