[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
EOI: Hirst Arts Molds group buy - Page 4 - WestGamer
It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:21 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:38 pm 

I've used a plastic spatula and definitely recommend using metal/Teflon instead as it makes a more ... accurate (?) scrape of the mould.

I'd also like to reiterate something Steve mentioned before about being careful when using Resin with these moulds instead of Dental Plaster. If you haven't already, at least check out this link on the Hirst Arts site.

http://www.hirstarts.com/casting/plastic.html

Joel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:47 am 

did not have a chance to cast anything this weekend, but i did get to design and make a couple bits

starting something larger...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:06 pm 

was anyone wanting to order any more? im finding that i need certain bits found on other moulds, so i need to buy more...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:44 pm 

Quote:
did not have a chance to cast anything this weekend, but i did get to design and make a couple bits

starting something larger...

Looking good! I'm trying to finish my current projects before I start casting like nuts. No new moulds for me until I use these!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:56 pm 

much better!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:28 pm 

Ok so I quickly threw this together, I didn't have all the right stuff at hand and most of the cast run came out full of bubbles, but I was able to throw together a missile :D

I aim to get a few of these out for Heavy Gear Blitz once I have some free time again.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:11 pm 

cool is that from the pipes mold? i made a 'work surface' like the website suggests, with some kitchen sponges taped to the back of a piece of ply wood... when you give it a good thump the hydrostone flies into your eyeball, but no bubbles :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:30 pm 

have managed to actually finish a piece of terrain! woohoo, i think this is the second thing ever heheh

big castle is taking ages though, so many things to consider! the first level is just about done

started on the second level....

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:32 am 

Quote:
cool is that from the pipes mold?
Nah it's the "Industrial Accessory Mold" #326. I do have the larger pipe mold but I think the diameter is different (larger).
Quote:
i made a 'work surface' like the website suggests, with some kitchen sponges taped to the back of a piece of ply wood... when you give it a good thump the hydrostone flies into your eyeball, but no bubbles :)
I really must get around to doing this. I have all the parts, I just haven't assembled them. I bought the cheapest electric toothbrush I could find to provide the vibration. I tend to just use the back of it around the mold. Works ok, you can see bubbles come to the surface but for the best results it needs to be combined with the wet water method, and I was all out of rinse aid when I went to cast these.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:37 pm 

i have found that with the work surface, a few good thumps will get rid of all the air bubbles with no special treatment...

for the people with the pipe and barrels molds, i am quite keen to get my hands on some of these... if you are interested we can swap castings, or swap molds, if you dont have much time to cast much, perhaps we could come to an arrangement such as i borrow the mold for X days in exchange for making you X number of casts... would love a few barrels to add to my castles and some pipes would be great for infinity terrain... i dont think the number i need would warrant buying the actual molds though...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:28 pm 

Quote:
i have found that with the work surface, a few good thumps will get rid of all the air bubbles with no special treatment...

for the people with the pipe and barrels molds, i am quite keen to get my hands on some of these... if you are interested we can swap castings, or swap molds, if you dont have much time to cast much, perhaps we could come to an arrangement such as i borrow the mold for X days in exchange for making you X number of casts... would love a few barrels to add to my castles and some pipes would be great for infinity terrain... i dont think the number i need would warrant buying the actual molds though...
I have a dungeon accessory mold you can borrow. It was one of the extras I got and won't be using it it for a while :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:40 pm 

Quote:
Hey! I'm that guy! ;)

Yeah I have those molds, only the larger of the pipe mold though, fair few castings (white, dental plaster) but I'm sure as you say we can come to an arrangement.

edit: lol.. ninja'd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:50 pm 

awesome, PMs sent!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm 

You know what? I had totally forgotten about this thread and order!!!