[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Deadline Done, Bluffs Aside, What Did You Take? - Page 5 - WestGamer
It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:57 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:20 pm 

Yes my lovely wife has also been giving me lots of painting time - in fact telling me to 'get back to it' when I get distracted lol! Bikes are coming along, my 'Witch of the Desert' turned out awesome, board is done, everything else just needs the odd re-touch (damn metal mini's). picked up some extra basing supplies from our esteemed sponsor Tactics today. Very happy with the way it's all coming together (still doubt it will beat Olly's Tau though!) - loads of character :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:02 pm 

3 models left to paint so should be almost done tomorrow or wednesday night...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:04 pm 

Quote:
Coming back on topic, how is everybody's painting and prep coming along?

I'm not that far off finished thanks to my awesome wife allowing me 12hrs of uninterrupted painting yesterday (hands are a bit sore today!)

Just the disco ball on my display board to do and thats finished!
Lol - you're in the wrong thread :D

Although, I've just realised my Big Mek needs a powerfist, and I don't own one... Green stuff time!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:06 pm 

Extra points if you use this as a guide/template

It has to look like it's a toy aswel :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:07 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
how bad are the hidden lists? :cry:
To be frank? If I get the psychic powers/abilities off that I want, your generally better off letting me shout you a drink at the bar instead. :)
If not, and y'all play well. Its not unbeatable. Doubly so if dice turn against me :o

I heard ultimates is a cheese fest so came prepared.
Screamer star is very beatble.

Just ignore the Star and kill all the weak scoring units.

Avoid the star, or tie it hard with durable units as you do this, and win on objectives.

Fateweaver must be on the board to use his re-roll at this event, so target him and kill him and grimore fail becomes likely.

Just dont shoot the screamer star with its 2++ is up and delete the rest of the army and keep it bogged down in melee with units like Wraithknights.

Focus barrage weapons on the grimore holder and he'll fail a LoS eventually.

A screamer star takes 2-3 turns to chew down a wraithknight. More if it gets a 5+ or a 4++

Or get first turn and alpha strike it hard before it gets its powers going.
Essentially, get the troops.
Unless u face Josh Diffey... Oh wait hes a Vic... Never mind =)
Quote:
I'm almost thinking the list Duane is alluding is a bunch of Centurions with Tigurius handing out some buffs, maybe?
But thats not what ive been practising agains and helping Daune with... Do you know something I dont ???

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:13 pm 

Quote:
But thats not what ive been practising agains and helping Daune with... Do you know something I dont ???
Pure conjecture im afraid. I'm just hoping it's something in power armour ;)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:01 pm 

Y power armour ??? And u play eldar y would u care about opponents armour =/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:24 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
I heard ultimates is a cheese fest so came prepared.
Funnily enough - I would not describe the mix of armies being a "cheesefest" at any time over the last 6 years we've run the event. Not in a single year. Hard armies sure - but still lots of "take all comers" lists rather than many skews.
Previously yes, but this is 6th edition 8)
Until this edition/newer dexes (cough* tau) it can really come down to just having no chance from the get go. I never felt like that in 5th and always gave as good as i got but notice some things in this edition can just steamroll and make your opponent feel like there's no point playing the round. Not a whinge mind you just an observation.

As for centurions. Damn, thats a whole lot of ugly. Ive yet to meet anyone who actually likes the models myself. I think troy may be taking some though?

Olly
Roleplayer09
Wolflord

Revenge shall be mine!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:21 pm 

Yea Tau ignore every thing in the game LoS, Cover, GTG, opponents stuff comin on from reserves and even change the rules of the game... Really just an army for ppl that cant use any real army in 6th ed =p

Oh now there gonna smash my GKs or are they =D im actually more worried about eldar with GKs stupid serpents neutralize psycannons so bad its not funny which is my main heavy weapon... yay

Stupid alien scum....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:22 pm 

Quote:
Unless u face Josh Diffey... Oh wait hes a Vic... Never mind =)
If I had played him at ATC I would have tabled him.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:28 pm 

Quote:
Yea Tau ignore every thing in the game LoS, Cover, GTG, opponents stuff comin on from reserves and even change the rules of the game... Really just an army for ppl that cant use any real army in 6th ed =p

Oh now there gonna smash my GKs or are they =D im actually more worried about eldar with GKs stupid serpents neutralize psycannons so bad its not funny which is my main heavy weapon... yay

Stupid alien scum....
Your veiled insults continue to not be as clever as you think they are.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:33 pm 

Quote:
Y power armour ??? And u play eldar y would u care about opponents armour =/
Because it can be ignored so easy. You pay a tax army wide for something that gets ignored half the time anyway.

Aaron, that was barely veiled at all. And I agree with it entirely.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:42 pm 

Placed top 3 this tournament cycle with,
Grey Knights.
Space Marines/Blood Angels
Tau
Tau/Eldar
Sisters of Battle/IG
Chaos Daemons.

Clearly I must be an unskilled player who can only win with one codex!

My apologies.

Life must be hard with the vastly underpowered Eldar codex.

Just make do with some sub par wave serpents, eh?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:03 pm 

I wasnt talking about u, I know this might be hard to believe but the world doesnt revolve around you I know ur a gd general. Insecure and thats y u display ur event records to make ppl take notice of you (which might seem like a personal attack but isnt or not my goal just an observation)

But you got to admit Tau have alot more take away enemies strenghts/defenses then any other force in the game...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:12 pm 

I was just having a friendly lil dig at the Tau codex Aaron. My fault for not including a smiley face.

:lol:

There it is. Everyone can go back to what they were doing now.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next