[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Looking To Start Infinity - Documenting the Battles... - Page 3 - WestGamer
It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:53 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:53 am 

As others are talking about other lists
Quote:
Image Combined Army - Morat Aggression Force | 7 models

Image Morat Combi (16|0)
Image Morat Combi (16|0)
Image Morat Paramedic (20|0)
Image Yaogat Lieutenant (31|0)
Image Rasyat E/Mitter (35|0)
Image Zerat Hacker (33|0.5)
Image Raicho MHMG,HGL (97|2)

248/250 points | 2.5/5 swc
open with Aleph Toolbox Image : http://goo.gl/91cmYC
This list looks order starved, especially with the Rasyat. Out of curiosity is this for my tournament or standard play?
For my tournament I would have a spec ops replacing an order monkey filling any gaps that are need (though not in standard play), replace the paramedic for Med-Tech Obsidon Medchanoid because it is better, can take slave drones and is also an engineer, and I would also look at trying to get in batroids because they are 9 point orders that are quite decent. Another thing you could do is run a link of witch soldiers or a hunting pack (gaki and preta) to maximise orders and can be cheap but decent.
So you would have something like
Image Combined Army - Morat Aggression Force | 9 models

Image Raicho MHMG,HGL (97|2)
Image Oznat (21|0)
Image Preta Chain (5|0)
Image Preta Chain (5|0)
Image Preta Chain (5|0)
Image Morat HMG (25|1)
Image Med-Tech Combi (23|0)
Image Slave Drone (3|0)

248/250 points | 3.5/5 swc
open with Aleph Toolbox Image : http://goo.gl/utSvuX
Quote:
And without tag... A bit more balanced (but all untested)

Image Morat Combi (16|0)
Image Morat Combi (16|0)
Image Morat Paramedic (20|0)
Image Morat Hacker (28|0.5)
Image Kurgat Autocannon (37|1.5)
Image Rasyat Spitfire (40|1.5)
Image Zerat Sniper (35|1.5)
Image Kurgat Mk12 (24|0)

247/250 points | 5/5 swc
open with Aleph Toolbox Image : http://goo.gl/Ui1zQ1
I can't see a large pull here for me and my space monkeys, mainly I puzzled why you have two engineers though I can understand that one has an autocannon. Also I rate the Zerat hacker much better than the infantry hacker, due to infiltration and mimetism and the yaogat sniper better than the zerat sniper due to MSV and higher armour. So I would look at something like

Image Rasyat Spitfire (40|1.5)
Image Kurgat Autocannon (37|1.5)
Image Yaogat Sniper (42|1.5)
Image Daturazi Chain (14|0)
Image Med-Tech Combi (23|0)

248/250 points | 5/5 swc
open with Aleph Toolbox Image : direct link

----------------------------------------------------------

On Brookesy's list I shall gather it is a tournament list, something you may want to consider that the tournament is using YAMS so have you read through the potential missions? are you able to do the majority of them? because you should look at that as a defining feature of your list. Another thing to consider do you want to run a sectorial, or a vanilla force? I personally like sectorials due to it being more themed and being less restrictive on availability but at the cost of limit selection pool.
Though some advice I can give is to get a few practice games in, as you may find that the list doesn't work well with your play style or there is something missing you should include.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:32 pm 

Quote:
On Brookesy's list I shall gather it is a tournament list, something you may want to consider that the tournament is using YAMS so have you read through the potential missions? are you able to do the majority of them? because you should look at that as a defining feature of your list. Another thing to consider do you want to run a sectorial, or a vanilla force? I personally like sectorials due to it being more themed and being less restrictive on availability but at the cost of limit selection pool.
Though some advice I can give is to get a few practice games in, as you may find that the list doesn't work well with your play style or there is something missing you should include.
I'll bite the bullet and order a couple of basics today. The MRR Starter box is pretty likely (Zouves / ParaCommandos / Moblot), play some games and work from there.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:35 pm 

Brooksey – I like your list, its got cammo, its got climbing plus, its got plenty of long range guns, and its got an autocannon. I agree with the previous bit of advice of get a chasseur in there (they are great!....and two are so much better than one).

The snipers may be a little under whelming since they have a low burst and no mods to hit them (mimetism, TO camo etc help a lot for snipers). However for their cost they are fine. If they get some good fire lanes they are a unit that will force an opponent to deal with them……they will be dealt with, but probably requiring several orders and/or a more expensive model.

Mikey – Since you’re going the steel phalanx rout I’d suggest using your myrmidon officer as a chain of command model and something else as the lieutenant. The reason for this is that the phalanx lieutenant options tend to be expensive and good at fighting (so it’s a real shame to hide them from the fight.) Equally, losing your lieutenant while your enemy has anything but the tattered remains of an order pool is a DISASTER!! While the phalanx leaders are good fighters they are not invulnerable (I often use Eudoros as my leader in vanilla Aleph and 9 times out of 10 he goes down, but by god he goes down in a blaze of glory)

I haven’t used Atlanta yet but I predict that she acts as a precision offensive weapon (and a slightly order intensive one at that) rather than a legit defensive threat like many other snipers. With Atlanta you can throw smoke with another unit, then shoot a target through the smoke with Atlanta (thanks to her multispectral visor level 2) which will be a surprise attack. With her massive ballistic skill you have a very good chance of landing two hits on the target, and there isn’t much out there that can take that kind of damage. On the reactive turn by contrast she has a good (but not stunning) ballistic skill, no modifiers to hit, next to no armour, one wound, and one shot……..easy to kill!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:01 am 

Stuff arrived today. I imagine I'll start building it, along with a new table, post Boxing Day.

Then it is just a matter of games :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:41 am 

Quote:
Stuff arrived today. I imagine I'll start building it, along with a new table, post Boxing Day.

I can give you a couple, just message me.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:50 am 

Can i start with a Corregidor Jurisdictional Command? I have no idea how the game works i just know i like those models.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:20 am 

Quote:
Can i start with a Corregidor Jurisdictional Command? I have no idea how the game works i just know i like those models.
Yes, as I'm pretty sure all boxes are legal for out of the box play except Shasvastiii

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:40 am 

Quote:

Mine arrives today - Built already! I have most of the scenery compnents lying around... now it's just putting it together!!

I love new projects. Even if I have no time for my old ones. :oops:

"Cry "Havoc!!", and let slip the dogs of war" Julius Caesar; Act III, Scene I

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:07 pm 

Oh yay, I ordered stuff and forgot that I had :) will have to look into that ;)