It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:19 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:29 am 

The ld test for vehicles thing seems simple. But then you think a bit more it's not so. Common sense states they would not be effected.

Coversaves from the firer, unless the weapon states barrage. The location of the blast is just used to determine the amount of models hit. Each model then gets a coversave appropriate to it's location from the firer.

All models can fire/snapfire in an open-topped vehicle. Rhinos/Chimeras typically just have the two firing ports I believe. This might be where the confusion comes from.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:17 am 

Another one, can an Invisible unit be tank shocked or thunder-blitzed?

I'd say yes, as you're not actually rolling to hit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:40 am 

I'd say yes. Anything that surpasses rolling to hit is fine. I'd imagine stomp attacks work just as normal.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:53 pm 

Mark, all good man I just know your interest in the hobby has been down for a while and that you enjoy x-wing more, which is kewl was just trying to pull you up and I know it seems to work better when its straight up for ya :). Not that you aren't experiencing nothing any one else is with this hobby... Some times it really rocks, some time you really want to rock it :p

As for the other stuff.

Vehicles count as Ld 10 for the perils chart. Psychic pilot rule.

Cover saves are determined from the closest model shotting the declared weapon. Eg boltgun shotting though terrain will give cover if their target is obscured, but the lascannon may not give a cover save if the target isn't obscured from his firing position. Blast weapons work the same unless its barrage.

Open-topped Transports - do not have specific fire points. Instead, all passengers in an open-topped transport can fire measuring range and line of sight from any point on the hull of the vehicle.

Models firing out of a vehicle that moved at combat speed count as having moved that turn.
Models firing out of a vehicle that moved at cruising speed can only fire snap shots that turn.
They cannot fire if the vehicle moves flat out or uses smoke launchers that turn, nor can a vehicle move flat out or use smoke launchers if a unit inside it shoots out.

Unless specified differently in the vehicle’s entry, a single passenger can fire out of each fire point and the other transported models cannot fire.

Hope that helps some of you :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:16 pm 

From the tournament thread;

Can an individual model, without the IC special rule, be joined by a character with the IC special rule?

The 6th rulebook had a specific exclusion to this, which has been removed from 7th.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:21 pm 

If the 7th Ed book doesn't say you can't, then yes you can. New edition bro.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:22 pm 

Quote:
If the 7th Ed book doesn't say you can't, then yes you can. New edition bro.
That's my opinion, but people might question it, and i'm looking for confirmation and acceptance of this before I start running around building army lists ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:24 pm 

Well the rulebook doesn't say you can't do it. It did in 6th and if they wanted to keep it the same in 7th, they would of just cut and paste. But I'll double check for you.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:27 pm 

Perhaps they didn't FAQ it because they thought the 'Does mephiston have to fight on his own?' question was thoroughly enough answered by "Other characters, such as Mephiston of the Blood Angels, fight as units on their own. They are either mighty enough, or feared enough by their own kind, that they don’t take to the battlefield with other warriors."

Obviously it's not quite thorough enough, because a quick check on google shows people arguing about this one and whether non-IC Characters that can't join units count as units that other ICs can join 8)

EG that an autarch wearing a mantle that has the downside of removing IC status (rule below) can't join a Farseer but could be joined by a Farseer.
Quote:
Mantle of the Laughing God
The bearer loses the Independent Character special rule but has the Hit & Run, Shrouded and Stealth special rules. In addition the bearer can re-roll failed cover saves.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:44 pm 

Yea just checked the rulebook Matt.B, and yes you can there is no rule saying you can't. The indication made to Mephiston is the same as that made to a Sgt. except Mephiston doesn't come already in a unit.

Also in the special rules section for ICs you find 'Independent Characters can join other units. They cannot, however, join units that contain vehicles or Monstrous Creatures. They can join other Independent Characters, though, to form a powerful multicharacter unit!'

Which doesn't say you can't join single model.

It does say can join other unit. Mephistion for example is a unit.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:59 pm 

My interpretation exactly.

Matt - Having just done some google-fu, there's not so much arguing about this issue. Mostly someone asking if it's legit, and a small amount of responses telling them it is.

The paragraph you quoted about Mephiston is presented and written as a fluff/explanation piece. If it was intended to be a rule, it would be written much differently.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:31 pm 

I ain't checked has fisty been changed to a MC with the new FAQ ?

Also units can still deep strike in a vehical and get out and fire at full bs?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:44 pm 

Mephiston is listed as infantry in the FAQ.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:09 pm 

Yea mephiston has never been a MC, deep striking in a vehicle??? Drop pods yes full BS 4 infantry, but not pod. So would think the same for what ever other vehicle. Though would possible need to double check.

But pretty sure its not covered in rule. 'As in what speed a vehicle has moved for deep striking, effects on unit inside' cause I'd notice that!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:29 pm 

Deep Striking:
In that turn’s Shooting phase, these units can fire (or Run, Turbo-boost or move Flat Out) as normal, and count as having moved in the previous Movement phase.

Vehicles, except for Walkers, count as having moved at Combat Speed (even Immobilised vehicles). This can affect the number of weapons they can fire with their full Ballistic Skill.

Hope that helps Mark, every thing seems unchanged for deep striking.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next