[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
A good first look at new Necrons - WestGamer
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:31 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:19 am 

AP posted a really good first look at the new necron codex so I thought I'd post a link for those who are interested.
http://www.3plusplus.net/2015/01/necron ... irst-look/

Most of it looks decent to me and C'tans have been brought back to earth (although on what planet did Wraiths needed boosting to T5? :shock: )

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:27 pm 

Well they fixed a lot of the really broken stuff, but didnt nerf things to badly. And gave a pretty decent buff to some of the units that needed it (praetorians/lychguard/flayers/jetbikes). And the cryptek and reanimation protocol changes seem great.... however let me just say one thing:

"Lord of the Storm: Night fighting is always in effect during first game turn. Once per game, at start of friendly shooting phase, roll a D6 for each enemy unit within 48″ of Imootekh. On a 5+, that unit suffers D6 Strength 6 AP- hits, randomly allocated."

Woot woot!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:18 pm 

You liked that?

I disliked everything about that rule - the way it's usable on turn 1 so almost always going to be on turn 1 (might as well do it when the table is full), the ability to use it before the opponent's first move meaning it's more likely to cause morale failures to kill units near board edges, the hits being on a full third of all enemy units (how hard is it to get within 48"? the table isn't that big), the unavoidability of it, the lack of clarity about which facing of a vehicle it hits, the lack of clarity about cover saves and the direction of attack, the way its power varies from extremely weak (like Knights could care!) to very powerful (an army with many units of 3 henchmen?) in a way completely divorced from the cost of the necron unit causing it, and finally, the random allocation rules taking a long time to actually do correctly for large units (we've already rolled a dice for every single unit, and then for the amount of hits, and then for how many wounds, but now which 4 of those 50 guardsmen took the hit? let's start rollin', I've no other plans this weekend).

It's not a game breaker or anything like that, I'm not even going as far as to say it's overpowered for his cost. It's just the sort of rules writing that makes me go GAAAAAAAAAH!!

Just offering a second opinion.
:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:00 pm 

7th Ed is easy. It is no 'rules' are given with it you follow the rulebook. Yes 40K has one.

If your in cover you get the cover save. As it doesn't say barrage or resolve hits on side armour so it will be front armour. Once again as it isn't started as barrage the direction would be from the model with a random allocation.

In 7th you don't have to be 25% obscured by terrain, just touching the terrain feature, unless your a vehicle then you do need to be 25%.

As for the random allocation you and your opponent can talk about how to speed this up.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:11 pm 

You dont roll random allocation for each wound in 7th. You roll once, and that is the 'source' of the attack for casualties, its super quick and easy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:26 pm 

Ah k random is the one thing I havent actually come across in 7th yet, though they got or where getting rid of it all.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:22 pm 

Quote:
You dont roll random allocation for each wound in 7th. You roll once, and that is the 'source' of the attack for casualties, its super quick and easy.
Thank goodness.

Cool, so that's one less thing to dislike about Imotekh.
May I go back to simply hating him just because he's a frakkin' toaster?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:24 pm 

For sure.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:44 pm 

Quote:
(although on what planet did Wraiths needed boosting to T5? :shock: )
The person who bought my 10+ wraiths a few years ago would be really happy now :D

Proud member of the west coast brewers

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:44 am 

Me and my 18 wraiths are super happy :lol:

With what I've read I'm pretty happy with the changes - nothing experienced any major nerfs, the change to tesla was expected and the price increase to Anni Barges and Night Scythes seems pretty reasonable.

Keen to use some of the underused stuff like Flayed Ones and Destroyers and see if anything good pops up.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:16 am 

Yeah, wraiths went from very good to awesome

Can somebody confirm their save though?

Is it still a 3++?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:28 am 

In the article they have the full rules for the wraiths - they do still have the 3++ save.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable